cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Finally got FTTP, but.....

Well, it's a long, long story that I won't go into here, but after 21 months from placing my initial order Openreach finally installed the fibre from the manifold on the post 60 feet away from my kitchen window.

Anyway. BT Infinity 2 is now up and running with rock solid 76+Mb up and 20+Mb down. The problem is, the original order was for Infinity Option 4 (300/30) and for some reason BT don't seem to be able to upgrade the service at the moment.

It's puzzling as the fibre is in, and BT themselves say it's only a software switch to go to Option 4.

Also, the phone was meant to get switched over to fibre.....which hasn't happened either.

Any ideas on how to get these two things done? Customer service and the sales desk seem baffled.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Finally got FTTP, but.....

call the fibre help line on FTTP number (0800 587 4787)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Well....that's not the number I had for them - but it's another one to put in my arsenal of BT contact numbers - thanks!

I just spend another hour on the phone with them "Customer Options" this time...

Looks like a "data integrity" issue. They don't know how to fix it, but have put in a work ticket. 15 work day expected turn around time. Sheesh.

I did manage to get them to deal with switching phone service from copper to fibre. Sort of. That will now go live on September 6th - after them intially saying it could be done immediately. But they managed to cut off service on the copper immediately....

Got that restored finally, but what a comdey of errors this whole journey has been.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I know you're paying for 300.30 but come on 76.20 is surely enough while you wait. I'm on 0.10mbps here!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

🙂 I'm actually paying for 76/20 - and it's great compared to the 0.5mbps I was previously getting.

I completely feel your pain though. We have suffered with being "last house from the exchange in a rural area" syndrome for the last 12 years....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 6

For FTTP always use the number John has given you. Customer options cannot help as they are FTTC focused.
0 Ratings