cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobSmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 32

Re: Finding my cabinet

Well, much to my annoyance my date has slipped to the 1st December now. 

On the plus side I know where my cabinet is now, I guess I'll wait for some serious Openreach activity before getting my hopes up again 😞

0 Ratings
camellard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 32

At least you have a date!

As far as I can gather I share the CAB of a whole bunch of streets. They have a Date of DEC 2011 and yet I just get a reply that there are no plans to upgate my area!

I'm in a brand new part of Ingelby Barwick TS17 5LQ. My concern is that because we are so new BT's IT has not been updated (a bit like my Tom Tom sofware).

Any one on here have access to any more data that the usual sites to confim my CAB number and status?

0 Ratings
chriskross
Contributor
Message 13 of 32

Your cab is 17, but it's not down for any FTTx installation phase (at least that was the status in April - others may have more current details).

0 Ratings
camellard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 32

thanks you have been more helpful than a dozen calls to BT.

I was aware I was on CAB 17, bonkers why openreach upgrade one and not anouther in the same built up area.

Anyone know how to pressure change?

0 Ratings
orly
Contributor
Message 15 of 32

there is a list of cabinets and their address/location but it only covers N.Ireland.

www.fasterbroadbandni.com

Would be nice to have a UK wide site of course.
Exchange: Bangor, Northern Ireland (NIBA)
Cabinet: #23, Kilmaine Road
Distance to Cabinet: 600 metres
29.5Mbit / 5.5Mbit ish
0 Ratings
chrish16
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 32

Hi Rob
I'm living in Bracks Farm and we haven't been activated for Fibre, I'm gutted. I've just moved from West Auckland, and knew Bishop where getting fibre but I'm still not able to. I've seen a few cabinets upgraded. One off Asda roundabout at South Church, Wooudhouse crossroads, down Cockton Hill and around the estate off Tindale and past the College.
Surprised they missed a new estate off, theres lots of houses also. Goodness only knows when the second round will be, probably years.
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 17 of 32

My cabinet serves a few postcodes but for some reason its still unavailable to mine, whilst other residential houses have access to fibre optics. Rung B.T and they said it's because i'm part of a different part of the exchange.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
96fauj
Beginner
Message 18 of 32

My whole neighbourhood seems to be able to have infinity, just not my street. Would you be able to check where my cabinet is? There seems to be 2, 1 of which is the new fttc cabinets and 1 is the old rusty cabinet (might not even be a bt cabinet but just a power cabinet). The new fibre cabinet 1 is closest to me. There have been a load of openreach engineers about lately. I just want to know if it's definetly happening. Postcode : LE2 4NL
0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 32

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search  = Oadby

EMODDBY OADBY LE2 4NL {EMODDBY}{p1} 0 100 2.91 5a Yes FTTC

green cabinet number 1

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
96fauj
Beginner
Message 20 of 32

BT checker still says I don't have infinity yet, i'm guessing they just havn't powered on the new fttc cabinet.

0 Ratings