cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoftMick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Finding out when my contract expires

How useless can you get? I try to query when my contact expires and I get directed to an automated answer which takes me to a link to amend/renew my contract. No relation to either the question I wanted answering or the question it said it would answer. I don't want to phone because it's almost impossible to find the number and I don't want hours of trying to fend off a sales pitch. This is like propaganda, telling you they are wonderful while concealing the important information. Any tips on how to find out what I want to know?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Finding out when my contract expires

The way I found mine out was to send an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com

They'll need your name, account number and a link to this thread.

At least this way you don't get the added hassle on the phone - as you've discovered.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
SoftMick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks DS I have just sent an email.  I'll let you know when it works!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

No probsSmiley Wink and please doSmiley Happy.

It might take them a day or so to reply as they do get busy at times.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ISP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

A quick and easy way to find out is to go to www.bt.com/chat n-Fri 09:00am-06:00pm, Closed on Weekends.

0 Ratings
SoftMick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I tried DS's tip and received a reply for which many thanks.  It still doesn't explain why there is an FAQ with this subject which links to a completely different answer.  It makes you feel that they are trying to conceal this information

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@SoftMick wrote:

I tried DS's tip and received a reply for which many thanks.  It still doesn't explain why there is an FAQ with this subject which links to a completely different answer.  It makes you feel that they are trying to conceal this information

That's good to hear.

Regarding the FAQ, and far from me to defend BT (I've also flagged a BT website error to the CEO - which will be corrected at some point in the future), there could be a genuine reason why it's wrong, which they've not spotted, you could either post the relevant link on here and ask the mods to look in to it for you or email them again and ask for an explanation.

I doubt Smiley Indifferent that they would conceal the information but understand why you think this.

Also, AFAIK BT should notify their customers when the contract term is due to expire. They didn't notify me regarding my landline phone and when I brought this to their attention, I was given the renewal discounts without being tied into a contract. My broadband renewal also went wrong and it has a similar outcomeSmiley Wink.

0 Ratings