cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 53

Firefox connection problems

Go to solution

I don't know if this is related to yesterday's Windows 7 update (12 items then another 1).

Firefox is having problems displaying pages. e.g.  BBC sometimes shows just html. Goggle search just fails to load at all. "Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long" message sometimes pops up.

BT sites affected.

I've tried FF in Safe Mode. No change. I've searched the problem (using IE) but the solution seems to be to reset in config:about the security.tls.version.max pref to 1 if it was previously 0. That was in 2013 though, and my security.tls.version.max pref is 3, so that doesn't seem relevant, and I don't wish to muck about with that.

IE seems to work OK. I haven't tried other browsers.

hmm... it seems to be working better now, but just for the record, I'll post this.

ConnProblem.jpg

ConnProblems3.jpg

PS. Sent OK, but that Secure Connection Failed page popped up immediately, and another saying I didn't have priveleges to edit my post.

PPS very flaky.

PPPS if I refresh the page, having got that Secure Connection Failed page it will open, sometimes taking 3 or 4 refreshes.

0 Ratings
52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted
Message 2 of 53

Re: Firefox connection problems

Go to solution

Even posting that last PPPS I got the Secure Connection Failed page and had to Go Back and Post again.

Another error message that you can't read on those screen shots is ssl_error_bad_mac_read

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 53

Go to solution

No. Not working. BBC site is just html

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 53

Go to solution

Have you tried a hub restart?

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 53

Go to solution

had updates from windows last couple of days and FF is working ok

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 6 of 53

Go to solution

Thanks chaps. Hub restart seems to have fixed it. And the Thunderbird problem. And the strange Hub display issue that required a refresh or three.

Just out of interest, why does this happen? Is there some RAM or cache in the Hub that gets full?

HubWeirdDisplay.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 53

Go to solution

Restarting the hub does clear the small amount of RAM inside, but it also gives you a new public IP address. Its not unusual for an existing IP routing to suffer problems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 53

Go to solution
There appear to be similar routing issues this morning. Clicking "BT Care" search in Google results in "Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to community.bt.com. SSL received a record with an incorrect Message Authentication Code. (Error code: ssl_error_bad_mac_read) The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem." Refresh then gets to the BTCare page. Other Google searches yield a connection failure page.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 53

Go to solution

Still having problems. I rebooted the Hub 5 again yesterday. It makes no difference if Firefox is running in Safe Mode, i.e. with no Add-ons. Is it a "routing issue", whatever that is? It looks like the page just gets stuck when trying to load material from other sites - like

i1.wp.com (from Raspberry pi site)

licence buttons.net (from Raspberry pi site)

ichef.bbci.co.uk (BBC site)

and the little green wheel at top left spins eternally.

Today's offerings.

Ff_issues1.jpg

Ff_issues2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 53

Re: Browser connection problems

Go to solution

Can someone please rename the whole thread? It's not just Firefox:

Conn_issues3_IEb.jpg

0 Ratings