cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 53

Re: Browser connection problems

Go to solution

@FloFosterJenkins wrote:

Win 7 reinstalled. (It took until 4am this morning! - 181 Windows updates). Thunderbird and browsing problems are sorted, webpages rendering in dbl quick time. Goodness knows exactly what was the cause, but it's pretty safe to say it was on OS issue. Thanks to you all for your suggestions and comments. The Safe Mode w networking was the big clue where the problem lay.

Glad you have fixed the problem.

Take a system image to an external drive, if possible. It only takes 40 minutes to create one using USB3, and around 30 minutes to restore a full image. (back up documents first).

It's best to do this on 1st day of each month.

Message 52 of 53

Go to solution

@Ribblelancs wrote:

Glad you have fixed the problem.

Take a system image to an external drive, if possible. It only takes 40 minutes to create one using USB3, and around 30 minutes to restore a full image. (back up documents first).

It's best to do this on 1st day of each month.

Good idea. I've been meaning to do this for ages and bought Acronis and an external hard drive ages ago. The hard drive backs up all our data files - they are saved on a "Data" partition on the desktop OS hard drive, and I think there is plenty of space to save a C drive image.

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 53

Go to solution
It's better to save the system image to an external drive. There are many available, but I use a Toshiba portable drive (seem to remember a promotional email from BT), bought from BT shop.
The hard drive can fail in extreme cases. I don't know about Acronis, but read somewhere that it can disable the inbuilt Windows 7 system image tool. It's your choice if you want to do that.
0 Ratings