Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Petruchio
Contributor
Message 21 of 133

Re: Firmware Update Today

Will the DD only work through S/PDIF then? I was hoping to run it through the HDMI....
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 133

At the moment only S/PDIF (with this update). They are working on HDMI. There is a post about it on the Youview forums.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 133

I'm still using an AV amp with S/PDIF inputs, haven't felt the need to upgrade yet as the only advantage I could see getting a HDMI equipped one would be for 7.1 on blu ray and I don't think I have the space to fit in an extra set of speakers. One day maybe....

0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 133

My box did a s/w update as soon as the BT account went "live". It had been on a few days before and had already youview updated when first set up.
0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 133

Sorry to finish that post above - what I mean is that there was a s/w push to the box once the BT account became active. I guess they will do the same with the latest version when ready.

0 Ratings
Petruchio
Contributor
Message 26 of 133

HDMI offers uncompressed 5.1. I know that is irrelevent to Youview but sounds awesome when using Bluray (even on 5.1).
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 133

You can check the version you have in Settings > System Information > Software Versions.

Latest is 8.4.20, I'm still on 7.10.0 and a manual update says I have the latest version.

Still no word from the mods to confirm or deny if BT are blocking the update.

0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 133

When I try manual update, I get a brief flash of an update 40% progress bar, then it just states "you have the latest version", which I don't.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 29 of 133

@happyslayeruk wrote:

Still no word from the mods to confirm or deny if BT are blocking the update.

We certainly aren't blocking the update - it's a phased rollout so some of you may get it before others, but everyone will get it eventually. More info can be found here.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 133

Thanks Dean. Always nice to have confirmation. I'm just impatient for Dolby Digital.

On a related note will BT vision films support DD 5.1?

0 Ratings