cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCats
Contributor
Message 111 of 133

Do not doubt it just reporting BT's response to me. I can...

Do not doubt it just reporting BT's response to me. I can assure you that Dolby does not work on my box and the software is not the up to date version and will not updateto the latest. Therefore the advertised claims of Dolby enabled are not true in my case.

0 Ratings
slowv
Aspiring Contributor
Message 112 of 133

Re: Do not doubt it just reporting BT's response to me. I can...

I think it is a total disgrace that after all the delays in the development of YOUVIEW, BT release a box that is not suitable for purpose! It makes you wonder how this was tested, if ever, or did they just issue the box knowing it was substandard because the delay was becoming an even bigger embarrasment. 

In addition to this, how do Humax stand in all this. They have been quite happy to manufacture and supply a piece of equipment they must have known was not capable of 5.1 in its present state. I intend to advise all my readers that they should wait for a rival youview type box or use a new style internet TV and ignore the BT/Humax halfbaked rushjob!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Petruchio
Contributor
Message 113 of 133

Re: Firmware Update Today

Its not Humax's fault. There is nothing wrong with the hardware.
0 Ratings
wwwebber
Contributor
Message 114 of 133

@slowv wrote:

I think it is a total disgrace that after all the delays in the development of YOUVIEW, BT release a box that is not suitable for purpose! It makes you wonder how this was tested, if ever, or did they just issue the box knowing it was substandard because the delay was becoming an even bigger embarrasment. 

In addition to this, how do Humax stand in all this. They have been quite happy to manufacture and supply a piece of equipment they must have known was not capable of 5.1 in its present state. I intend to advise all my readers that they should wait for a rival youview type box or use a new style internet TV and ignore the BT/Humax halfbaked rushjob!!!

What an absolute overreaction. You'd think that BT had just run over your cat lol. And who exactly are your "readers" ?.

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 115 of 133

It is a bit of a shambles though isn't it?

0 Ratings
wwwebber
Contributor
Message 116 of 133

@cactusbob wrote:

It's not good. But as a HD PVR it performs very well for me. I actually use HDMI through my amp so the update wont even give me 5.1 over HDMI so my Lovefilm subscription will stick around even longer than I planned. It's a pain but I dont agree with "the sky is falling" attitude.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 117 of 133

@wwwebber wrote:

@cactusbob wrote:

It's not good. But as a HD PVR it performs very well for me. I actually use HDMI through my amp so the update wont even give me 5.1 over HDMI so my Lovefilm subscription will stick around even longer than I planned. It's a pain but I dont agree with "the sky is falling" attitude.

I use HDMI to my amp, but have temporarily installed an optical cable so can receive 5.1

So far I can confirm on the new software that 5.1 works on BBC One HD and Channel 4 HD - ITV HD does not provide 5.1 - Also 5.1 works on BT Vision Player HD content via optical.

I've still got to test the other on-demand providers but now tv only provides 2.0 as nothing provided in HD

0 Ratings
slowv
Aspiring Contributor
Message 118 of 133

And who exactly are your "readers" ?.

You are oneSmiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Message 119 of 133

Just had an email from BT when I asked about a sub refund.credit due to lack of Dolby 5.1 and the update being suspended for BT customers. They say Youview are resposible for the update

"Unfortunately it would not be possible for BT to offer a refund of a months subscription as there is no technical fault with the BT Vision App you have on the Youview box. Any compensation would need to come from Youview as the update is something only they can send to the box."

A mod on here said BT stopped the update due to a fault with the vision app.

Can a mod please come on here and clear up this situation. Who is tewlling the truth and why can't I get a sub refund for a service that is advertised on BT webpage?

Getting annoyed now.

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 120 of 133

@happyslayeruk wrote:

Just had an email from BT when I asked about a sub refund.credit due to lack of Dolby 5.1 and the update being suspended for BT customers. They say Youview are resposible for the update

"Unfortunately it would not be possible for BT to offer a refund of a months subscription as there is no technical fault with the BT Vision App you have on the Youview box. Any compensation would need to come from Youview as the update is something only they can send to the box."

A mod on here said BT stopped the update due to a fault with the vision app.

Can a mod please come on here and clear up this situation. Who is tewlling the truth and why can't I get a sub refund for a service that is advertised on BT webpage?

Getting annoyed now.

Looking at this from a pure responsibility perspective, I would say it is BT who should give any kind of refund. We pay BT, our contract is with BT and it sounds like they have purely passed the buck on this one. Like you said, it is advertised as having it on the BT site.

0 Ratings