cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheBlade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 131 of 133

Re: Do not doubt it just reporting BT's response to me. I can...

@JXHogan74 wrote:

I have just got my YV box today - all seems good so far - well.....OK in that it works as you'd expect given all the issues and the lack of update....but having said that, I think most problems are fairly minor......I must add that I don't currently have any of the nastier issues like disconnect / freezing etc.....maybe my opinion will change!!

I agree alot of the problems are minor, but I would say there are alot of minor problems, more than I would expect from a product that has been so long in development already.

I think we have had 2 lockups/freezes in the past month which have resulted in having to power the box off from the back.

We have had lots of times when on demand access doesn't appear to work, due to the network connection going down. Resetting the box (wait for 2 minutes) always fixes the problem, but just annoying.

That said, there are a few major issues, the main one for me at the moment is the channel layout and the adult channels next to the HD channels. With kids using the Youview box, I just want to get ride of the Adult channels, which annoyingly we can't do yet. Hopefully next week when the new update is released to us this will get resolved.

How ever the new software next week brings other problems, the biggest one I have read about is the removal of the confirmation option when you delete items from the recorded items list. I can see this causing lots of problems.

0 Ratings
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 132 of 133

@TheBlade wrote:

@JXHogan74 wrote:

I have just got my YV box today - all seems good so far - well.....OK in that it works as you'd expect given all the issues and the lack of update....but having said that, I think most problems are fairly minor......I must add that I don't currently have any of the nastier issues like disconnect / freezing etc.....maybe my opinion will change!!

I agree alot of the problems are minor, but I would say there are alot of minor problems, more than I would expect from a product that has been so long in development already.

I think we have had 2 lockups/freezes in the past month which have resulted in having to power the box off from the back.

We have had lots of times when on demand access doesn't appear to work, due to the network connection going down. Resetting the box (wait for 2 minutes) always fixes the problem, but just annoying.

That said, there are a few major issues, the main one for me at the moment is the channel layout and the adult channels next to the HD channels. With kids using the Youview box, I just want to get ride of the Adult channels, which annoyingly we can't do yet. Hopefully next week when the new update is released to us this will get resolved.

How ever the new software next week brings other problems, the biggest one I have read about is the removal of the confirmation option when you delete items from the recorded items list. I can see this causing lots of problems.

I've got the new software and have removed the adult channels and the on-line shopping ones 🙂

The lack of confirmation on delete is a pain. I've pressed delete once too often and deleted the wrong thing. Why did that ever make it into the system?

Also it does start up faster from the low eco mode. Still not good enough from the high eco mode but it is an improvement

0 Ratings
JXHogan74
Contributor
Message 133 of 133

@JXHogan74 wrote:

Don't really think that being without an HD variant of C5 will exactly detrimentally affect my enjoyment of YV....!!

Anyway, I have a question - please could someone post a reply to this to let me know (I've set the mail me option) the answer:

OK, I edited this post ^^^^ earlier and somehow managed to delete the actual question.....stupid boy!!

Q. How do you get round the line speed test to play HD films...my box tells me I have to test my line before I can play a film club HD film, then that my line is too slow (4.5mb-ish) and it makes me back out again....is there a way I can just say, 'go on, give it a try?'

0 Ratings