cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 133

Re: Firmware Update Today

Great News. DD works on Vision Films on my Vision box, so should be ok on YV once enabled.
0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 133

Should do, worked fine on Vision Films on Vision Box.
0 Ratings
TheBlade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 133

I could understand a phased rollout for the automatic updates to all boxes, but seems strange that even if you do a manual update this is phased as well.  😞

Hope I don't have to wait too long, as nothing happening on my box at the moment.

0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 133

It's interesting that while the YouView forum mentions Talk Talk customers have to wait for the update, there is no mention of BT customers, yet it has been confirmed on the YV forum that not one BT customer has received the update. BT say they aren't blocking it's roll out, so YV must have a reason for stopping BT supplied boxes updating.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 35 of 133

@SRB wrote:
It's interesting that while the YouView forum mentions Talk Talk customers have to wait for the update, there is no mention of BT customers, yet it has been confirmed on the YV forum that not one BT customer has received the update. BT say they aren't blocking it's roll out, so YV must have a reason for stopping BT supplied boxes updating.

Ah - I've just discovered a snippet of information that'll explain this. Here's the relevant part:

The update date depends on the YouView box you have:

- Humax (from a high street retailer): 30/10

- Humax (from BT): 6/11

Sorry for overlooking this before Smiley Embarassed

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 36 of 133

@SRB wrote:
YV must have a reason for stopping BT supplied boxes updating.

Yes they do, as they have said, it is a phased rollout:

1st - Off the shelf purchasers.

2nd - BT customers (YouView have said we will get it in the next 2 weeks)

3rd - Talk Talk custers (YouView have said they will get it after 2 weeks)

0 Ratings
TheBlade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 133

Thank you Dean - that would explain it!

I'll stop checking every few hours now.

0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 133

Likewise Dean, many thanks for putting a date to the release.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 133

what happens if customers pay the full £300 to bt for the box, are the updates still delayed. Also what happens if someone cancels the service and then moves to another provider. Must they still wait for firmware release as it will be bt box.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 40 of 133

I wouldn't be too worried if the update didn't happen precisely at midnight on the 6th either - it is a staggered upgrade after all so some boxes may still update before others.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings