Re: Firmware Update Today

Yep bt option is there

2012-11-09 23.00.38.jpg

0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 92 of 133

Moan moan and more moaning ,you got the youview box  next you will be wanting a picture as well ........

0 Ratings
Petruchio
Contributor
Message 93 of 133

The problem for me is that the update comes with features that BT said came with the box (e.g. 5.1 surround). By not releasing this update we are having to go without features that a) everyone else now has and b) thought we would get from the start anyway. If BT and YouView rushed this to market wthout proper testing for compatibility then more fool them, but I don't see why they should keep taking our money whilst they are still testing the blasted thing.
0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 94 of 133

Totally agree ,it was the same with the broadband ,we now keep an engineer in the wardrobe .......its time these forums had a couple of engineers on instead of all these perspiring experts .........GOOD LUCK

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 95 of 133

@hitman wrote:

Moan moan and more moaning ,you got the youview box  next you will be wanting a picture as well ........

??? - My Youview box is working perfectly, so I can't grumble

it should also be mentioned that unlike bt vision box that could do 5.1 via the hdmi, you can't currently do this via the youview box - it can only do 5.1 via spdif

also the 5.1 is only available for on-demand stuff as currently under testing i've found it does not supply this for the freeview hd channels - i'm going to try the bt app so can give you further info

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 96 of 133

So the BT app can pump the 5.1 down the HDMI?

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 97 of 133

@cactusbob wrote:

So the BT app can pump the 5.1 down the HDMI?

ok - here's further update for you all

BT App works on the latest firmware. the only issue i had was during the testing as was reconfiguring my sony av amp, so kept stopping and closing the bt app, this can then cause a problem when you try to resume a video you've just been playing

5.1 Audio

The BT app does play 5.1 audio, but only via the SPDIF connection - this is not a fault of the app, but with humax/youview not having full audio via the hdmi port (this is similar to Sky Boxes) - humax have this on my freesat box, so not sure why this has been missed on the youview box, especially as you get a 1.4 HDMI cable included.

On my Sony amp, the HDMI overrides the optical/coax inputs so was initially getting only LPCM 48bit audio showing - Had to force the amp to use OPT as default input, which then highlighted the DD 5.1 on my amp.

So if you are having issues try the above, the only option is to have the HDMI direct to TV and then optical to an amp

anotherjohnh
Contributor
Message 98 of 133

Thanks for the information.
0 Ratings
Petruchio
Contributor
Message 99 of 133

Yes I have the optical cable installed and have selected it on my AV receiver. I still can't get 5.1 (on freeview or on demand) as BT won't release the update! Also I know this isn't related to the OT but weren't we also due some new channels by now? FX? GOLD etc?
0 Ratings
bosshogguk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 100 of 133

received the box (eventually) on Friday and expected it to update to the latest firmware straight away but no joy.

still trying the check for update and it still says I'm on the latest 7.10 which is clearly not the case.

can anyone confirm what is included in the new update other than spdif optical Dolby 5.1 out?

0 Ratings