Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljm
Expert
Message 1 of 10

Firmware Update

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Have just realised that my Hub 6 has not had an update since May.  The latest i've had is ending 21EC.  Is there a prob with this as i have noticed some posts have had an update ending differently?

Also would someone knowledgeable explain why my Hub 6 drops connection every 12 to 14 days.  It does rectify itself but not sure why it would happen?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Firmware Update

Go to solution
21EC seems to be the most common release there is no problem as your hub will update its firmware as and when new firmware is released automatically I have a hub 6 on 21EC and have not seen that connection drop infact mine has not dropped since May when 21 EC first released
0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:
I have a hub 6 on 21EC and have not seen that connection drop infact mine has not dropped since May when 21 EC first released

Surprised to hear that, John, because I was under the impression that ALL hubs were remotely rebooted every 14 days by BT and lost connection each time as a result. My HH6 certainly is - every 14 days to the minute - as were my previous hubs before it.

The reboots don't show up in the HH6 BOOT log because, in my case anyway, the event log recording setup seems largely broken, and the BOOT category log is always empty even when the TR69 log shows the boot having taken place.

p

0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for replying.

Prinknash,  i think so too as since setting up my Hub 6 every 14 days to the exact minute it has dropped connection (except today which is day 10 when it dropped again exactly at the same time but did it twice in succession within 5 mins.) I just found

it odd as it had always followed the same pattern -  on the 14th day at exactly the same time and only rebooted once not twice.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Prinknash, forgot to mention that the reboot does show up in my event log i.e. the clock restarts from zero.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@prinknash wrote:

@john46 wrote:
I have a hub 6 on 21EC and have not seen that connection drop infact mine has not dropped since May when 21 EC first released

Surprised to hear that, John, because I was under the impression that ALL hubs were remotely rebooted every 14 days by BT and lost connection each time as a result. My HH6 certainly is - every 14 days to the minute - as were my previous hubs before it.

The reboots don't show up in the HH6 BOOT log because, in my case anyway, the event log recording setup seems largely broken, and the BOOT category log is always empty even when the TR69 log shows the boot having taken place.

p

i know  others who's hubs perform in the same way as mine have never seen the 14 day issuse on any previous versions either although I have read post like yours who's hubs have at 14 days

0 Ratings
Chewy84
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Looking a the OP,

I could be wrong here but i do think you have an old firmware OR I do.......................

This is what i just grabbed off of my Smart Hub - Home Hub 6

Firmware version:

SG4B100021F4

Firmware updated:

22-Jun-2016

21F4........ Where F is higher than E i'm guessing mine is the latest version but then again as i said i could be wrong

0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
It would be useful if somebody from this forum or the Mods or BT would clarify as to why all owners of a Smart Hub do not have the same Firmware version please.
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Because it takes a finite time for the firmware to be propagated down to the hubs. With the number of hubs out there, it will take a some length of time to update them all.

ljm
Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks licquorice for answering a question that has been in a lot of users minds. Cheers.
0 Ratings