Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eamon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Firmware update SG4B1000223E preventing smart phones from connecting

Hi All.

BT rolled out update SG4B1000223E on 27.11.2016 and since then no smart phones can connect to the hub. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Firmware update SG4B1000223E preventing smart phones from connecting

What make of smartphone are you having trouble with
0 Ratings
Eamon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I now realise it is not only the smart phones (Windows and Android) but also wired (ethernet) devices. Plus laptops; wired or wireless. Strangely only this one wired computer can get an IP address. This all happened straight after the 223E update. I will call BT today and log a fault. I was hoping someone else on the forum knew of the same problem and had a solution. Oh well . . .

0 Ratings
DrDoLittle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

I received the same firmware update (SG4B1000223E) on 26/11/2016. All works fine.

One thing I noticed though is that the update switches on the BT Wifi Hotspot with an SSID of BTWifi-with-FON.

When you state that no mobile phones can connect, what do you really mean. Do you mean they really don't get an IP address or that they simply cannot access the internet?

Please post an image of your HH6 IPv4 configuration page

0 Ratings
DrDoLittle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Check which WIFI SSID you device is connecting to. If it connects to the FON SSID then it gets a 10.xx.xx.xx IP address which is outside of your normal network (192.xx.xx.xx) and therefore won't see any of your other devices but should still be able to browse the internet. 

0 Ratings
mike82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I have a similar issue with the new firmware update.

A device wired/wireless can connect and work fine, until it disconnects. Only way i have been able to get it to work is reset the hub, which is not ideal. To me, it's  a issue with the dhcp server. All was fine prior to firmware update.

I've reverted back to hub 5.

Please fix!!!!!

0 Ratings
Eamon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Re: Firmware update SG4B1000223E prevents all devices from connecting.

The title was misleading. I typed it before checking all devices. 223E firmware prevents all devices from connecting.

To clarify; they cannot connect to the hub.

BT sent me a new hub and it worked well until they updated it to 223E last night. Again no device can get an IP address; even after reboots and factory default. This is for all devices (smart phones, tablets, desktops, laptops, television). Ethernet and wireless both have issues. Ethernet connected devices do get an IP address after a hub restart, but after a few hours they lose connection to the hub. A restart of the hub resolves ethernet connectivity for a few hours.

I do not connect to FON or WIFI-X. I only connect to the hub name, as I have always done. I did try FON and WIFI-X but could also not get an IP address.

I have not tweaked any device. They have always connected perfectly with their default settings to the smart hub with it's default settings. I just entered the password and was sorted.

I will go through the pain again of contacting BT. Once this is resolved I will post the solution so as to help anyone else with the same problem. Thanks for all your replies; I really do appreciate them.

0 Ratings
saupe1976
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

i just got a new smart hub after the other hub had a constant disconnecting issue what i told them was a firmware issue, to have a nice new hub whats worked fine for 3 days till last night when it seems the hub has updating to this firmware where it seems to be happening again

0 Ratings
Travelusa
Expert
Message 9 of 11

Also I found when i split the 2 g and the 5g

It would not allow me to keep the same password

I had to change it for another before it allowed me to change

so ther are alot of changes to be aware of due to seurity

but could they fix the home screen takes longer than b4

0 Ratings
Andrewph
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Same problem firmware update 26-27 Nov. Problems with both Ethernet & wired connections since. Hub blue light on. Some devices connect, others drop out. Only way to access is to reset hub. But the problem quickly returns. Had hub for 6. Months no problems. Why do they have to **bleep** around with things? Spoke to customer services, refused to send new hub, until engineer visit. (Advised them it is not a line issue but the router, as when connected, no problem with connection. Just devices struggling to connect to hub. Wouldn't have it. But to be honest if they are just going to update a new one to same firmware, within a few days what's the point!!
0 Ratings