cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

First Day of Infinity ...

Well ten minutes after the BT engineer left today, all was looking good, and then my modem started to sync, and sync, and sync.  I've taken this opportunity to make a post while I actually have an Internet connection.

I know the BT guy said it may take ten days to "settle down" but do new connections really suffer this much syncing?  or could it be the noise that I now have on the line after the BT guy did his work - nice job!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: First Day of Infinity ...

If you have noise on the line,then it would definately make your modem have trouble holding a sync level.

You need to report a noisy line and get it fixed,[but do not mention broadband,just say that your phone line is noisy].

But do a silent noise test first to confirm that it is noisy.

And I agree,the engineer should have noticed it if he did a test to the cab from your master socket.?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Yes he did a test alright, but the noisy line is intermittent so he may have missed it.  It can be silent and then have a complete fit for a couple of minutes.  I don't see any deterioration of speed, it just conks out and the DSL LED starts flashing away.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 6

thats a pretty severe deterioration in speed from something to nothing
you dont have to wait 10 days to report a voice fault
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I have also noticed that by using my telephone I can pretyy much get the DSL light flashing.  Starting to wonder if it is a faulty master socket or poor wiring in the master.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Could be a fault anywhere in the network from your home to the cab. You need an engineer's visit.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings