cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plankton
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Five months no phone, business and work collapsing BT just don't care

We moved house, 2 miles on 12th October. We notified BT of the need for a phone and connection on 10th of Sept. They seemed happy to offer us a connection date of Nov 6th!  The phone and line were already there. The house is a working farm house about a mile outside a village. Since November we have been lied to, miss led and and messed about. A new pole was put up on December 6th and new wires completed to the house. We thought we were on. No dial tone, BT have now helpfully given us a connection date of 30th January. Nearly 5 months from first notifying. We are a remote farm with poor mobile phone signal. Our beef business has come to stop, Defra are persuing us for not filing cattle movements, our VAT can only be completed on the net. We have to travel 4 miles to us a public library. BT have issued 2 new phone number but not told us, friends and business people have left messages on these. We are loosing both. This siuation is desperate. My fear is an emergency on the farm, if some on dies I will persue BT to their end.

There is nothing more I can say. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Five months no phone, business and work collapsing BT just don't care

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Plankton
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Standard BT response. Move it on. It's a private line. We have no other line, we have no lines at all. Just because we use it for business doesn't make it a business line. It is (or would be mainly used for house hold use) My daughter is struggling to complete her A levels and we have no chance of doing the "normal" email life web stuff that your company advertises on the TV etc. As usual you and your company just doesn't want to listen. I expect sod all from you so you haven't dissapointed me. I have taken copies of this forum and your response to add to 5 sides of notes made on the continuing fiasco. I have no way what so ever of controling this situation hance the user name plankton. If I had any choice I would leave you for a competitor, but of course you know I have no choice.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

BT do say in their Residentail T&Cs that you are not allowed to use a residential line for commercial purposes.

What we provide

1. These Standard Terms apply to:
  1. the service described in the relevant service terms; and
  2. any equipment we provide.
  1. The services and equipment we provide to you under these terms should not be used for business.

If you had a business line, you should get a higher priority for installation and repairs.

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

Openreach have a backlog of work due to the recent bad weather, so installation and repairs are taking much longer than normal.

0 Ratings
Plankton
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Still 5 months and no phone only this time don't move it on deal with it.

I think you may have miss understood. It's a private line that is used for business. Mostly it is used for that family stuff that BT love to advertise in your cuddly no doubt expensive advert on TV.  Emails from friends, webshopping, skype, iplayer etc. Just generally living in this modern world.

Don't move this anywhere , you deal with it and impress me by getting us connected to the world before Christmas.

Don't send this to CS I know "all" their names even the Indian ones and the last 3 months has been made up of a long series of " we will contact you in 3 days". It's death by a thousand cuts!

We moved house, 2 miles on 12th October. We notified BT of the need for a phone and connection on 10th of Sept. They seemed happy to offer us a connection date of Nov 6th!  The phone and line were already there. The house is a working farm house about a mile outside a village. Since November we have been lied to, miss led and and messed about. A new pole was put up on December 6th and new wires completed to the house. We thought we were on. No dial tone, BT have now helpfully given us a connection date of 30th January. Nearly 5 months from first notifying. We are a remote farm with poor mobile phone signal. Our beef business has come to stop, Defra are persuing us for not filing cattle movements, our VAT can only be completed on the net. We have to travel 4 miles to us a public library. BT have issued 2 new phone number but not told us, friends and business people have left messages on these. We are loosing both. This siuation is desperate. My fear is an emergency on the farm, if some on dies I will persue BT to their end.

There is nothing more I can say. 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Re: Still 5 months and no phone only this time don't move it on deal with it.

This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT. The only BT employees on this forum are the forum moderators.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat  or  Contact BT  ,or telephone 0800 800 150

If you cannot get a resolution, then

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you, but they may consider that a farm is a business premises.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

This is just a customer forum, where BT customers try to help other BT customers.  There are a handful of moderators, who are BT employees, but everybody else here is just another customer and we can't make BT do anything for you.

Your problem is that you are trying to run a business from a residential line.  Openreach are understaffed and overworked at the moment, and they have a large backlog of work.  So far as Openreach are concerned, you are just another residential customer, which means you are not a priority and you wait in the queue like all the other customers.

If you paid extra for a business line, you would be dealt with by a different division of BT and would get a higher priority.

WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

@Ectophile wrote:

This is just a customer forum, where BT customers try to help other BT customers.  

Its pointless having a forum run by customers to help customers. I thought there was a few BT staff monitoring this board, who are supposed to help customers. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 12

@WatchdogTS wrote:

@Ectophile wrote:

This is just a customer forum, where BT customers try to help other BT customers.  

Its pointless having a forum run by customers to help customers. I thought there was a few BT staff monitoring this board, who are supposed to help customers. 

Ectophile also wrote on the same post "There are a handful of moderators, who are BT employees"

It's not pointless IMHO as most of the help and advice given by other customers exceeds that of the BT call centres.

The BT Moderators (BT Employees) do read most if not all posts made. The mods don't need to help on every single post but if some posts warrant urgent attention, or posts that clearly we (the customer) can't help with, I for one can and will sometimes flag these posts so they can pick them up quickly (as do some other customers).

The mods can and will deal with issues that their residential customers (us) can't resolve or that only BT staff can pass on to other depts with in BT.

Business customers also have their own business forum and dedicated helpers (business customers) and their own business forum mod team

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
ernie_c
Expert
Message 10 of 12

The simple fact is that the OP will get no direct help here from BT and any help he may have received, from those customers on here who try to help, will very quickly evaporate given the attitude that he has shown already.

No matter what he says, his initial post clearly states that his greatest concern is for his BUSINESS. He has been advised that he has a residential, not a business, service from BT.

Pay for a residential service and you'll get a residential service.