cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alt_shift
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Fixed connection speed. Engineer confrimed. Customer service won't help.

Go to solution

My 'Unlimited Broadband' connection speed has been capped since the begginning of my contract on 08/12/2016.

.96Mb/s Download - .25Mb/s Upload.

I was already expecting it. This is something that has happened every time I start with a new ISP. The issue has always been tracked back to BT capping my connection speed. It's always an absolute nightmare to sort out but it has never been this bad!

4 chat sessions and 4 phonecalls later, the problem was confirmed by a BT engineer visit on 17/01/2017. He tested the line and confirmed that I have been put onto a Fixed Rate connection. There is nothing wrong with the line.

For an unknown reason, I'm the one who needs to communicate this to someone who can fix the problem. He assured me that his notes would confirm the problem and BT Customer Services would know what to do. He must have been joking.

BT Customer Service are not interested in technical information from customers and don't have a clue what to do with information anyway. So I am back to square one. More hours wasted, being forced to test the line for the 30th time, getting stressed and angry, passed from person to person, lied to, etc.

Nearly two months and over 10 hours of my time. Conection still consistent and reliable at .96Mb/s Download - .25Mb/s Upload. We all know the problem yet nothing has been resolved.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fixed connection speed. Engineer confrimed. Customer service won't help.

Go to solution
I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
DanielS
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @alt_shift,

We can test your line to see if you are capped or if you are on the wrong type of service. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
alt_shift
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, John.

DavidM
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for taking my call today @alt_shift.

I'm glad I was able to help get this sorted. Post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings