Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 35

Re: Flashing Purple Lights on the Hub

Go to solution
Sorry just realised I am replying to licquorice.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 35

Go to solution

If you are confident that you are connected to your master socket,there are no other extensions connected to your phone line, and the home hub is connected up correctly, all you can do is to request a visit.

The smart hub can take a long time to establish a connection, so I would leave it at least 10 minutes.

The broadband technical helpdesk will be able to organise a visit this for you

First check with the Order Live Chat Team to make sure that you order is complete, and broadband is activated. Activation cannot be shown as complete until an Openreach Field Technician has run a commissioning test to prove there ia a connection, and uploaded the results to the BT server.

The problem can be resolved, even if it means asking one of the forum moderators to assist.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 35

Go to solution
Hi Keith
I just got off the phone with the helpdesk. They have in fact organised an engineer visit, but also warned me that I may be charged if any BT wiring has been damaged (scary because it is a new property and I've just moved in as a tenant.)
They did some 'line tests' from their end and say that it is all activated as far as BT are concerned.
Realistically if the phone line is on and it is really really activated from BTs point of view is there any realistic chance that the engineer can achieve anything?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 14 of 35

Go to solution

Most certainly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 35

Go to solution

Its not going to fix itself, the fault needs investigating.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 35

Go to solution

Hopefully the engineer will be able to do something (though it may be wishful thinking on my part). Anyway My BT shows my account as having a broadband connection, and my order has disappeared from the page. So as far as BT are concerned I have a fully working broadband connection since 8th Dec. Yay!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 35

Go to solution

I do hope that was meant to be taken sincerely!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 35

Go to solution

Wow. I was on the phone with BT to confirm the engineer visit for today (considering a previous time I waited till the end and no one turned up). I was put on hold for a full 15 minutes by an advisor and they have just disconnected the line on me!Seriously are BT that bad? Do I have any option to back out of this contract now? Oridinarily if there is no service am I still contract bound? it might even be better for me to pay myself out of this deal in the long run.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 35

Go to solution

I don't know if this thread is still of interest to anyone but today it seems the engineer has just 'cleared' the fault and cancelled todays appointment. They have just rebooked another appointment on the 21st (without even checking if the date is ok for me)

Now on call with the team trying to cancel it hopefully without paying the £327 cancellation (because I am out of the cooling off period)

Thanks BT. Wish I'd never heard of you.

Thanks to the kind people who initially tried to help me on here.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 35

Go to solution

You would not be able to cancel without penalty unless the following applies

See

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35296/~/your-line-speed-explained

Cancellation of your service will be subject to the following conditions:

• the fault must be reported within the first 90 days of your contract start date
  • speed faults will not be accepted within the first 10 days initial stabilisation period
  • all checks within your home must be completed as requested by our Helpdesk advisors
  • at least one engineer visit must be accepted if your line speed result from the BT Wholesale system speedtest* is below the Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed
  • BT is allowed up to 28 days to resolve the fault
  • you will be able to cease without penalty if BT is still unable to improve the speed measured by the BT Wholesale speedtest above your Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed.
  • the Minimum Guaranteed Speed relates to line speed only, not to download speeds.
0 Ratings