In my case I did report that my broadband isn't working. Speed is not an issue obviously, there is just no connection at all.
There was an engineer visit for today but for some reason the engineer decided that everything is fine and cleared the fault without checking inside the property.
Then they automatically booked another appointment on the 21st. So I am unsure as to what exactly happened today, and what may have happened on the next engineer's appointment.
A bit more clarity would have helped. I would have been ok to continue my phone connection with BT but looks like it is a package cancellation so I have to lose both, which would probably make it more difficult to switch providers.
I would stick with it until its resolved. Sometimes there are issues with the cabinet or external network, which is the same cabinet and network that another provider would use.
If you cancel, you may lose your allocated port on the cabinet, and may end up on a waiting list.
Maybe in the long run yes, but I am still completely baffled as to what happened today. If there were problems with any equipment in the site, today would have been the day to check it. They apparettly just cleared the fault so the system again went back to thinking my services are running fine. Then they booked another appointment without consulting with me.
Rationally there may be genuine reasons why all of this is happening, but it is quite stressful to have to deal with this uncertainty. Atleast now I know I won't have any internet this Christmas. (Thanks again BT!)
SOrry not directed at you or anyone else in this forum obviously.
Considering they had agreed to let me cancel my services and have given me an end date of 23rd, I doubt if they would now endeavour to fix it on 21st (I would be super impressed if they did though, technically they do owe me broadband till 23rd!). I have probably set myself up for more grief in the long run, but after what happened with the third engineer appointment and the way they set up another one, I just had enough. Now atleast the uncertainty is gone.
I agree. I am probably worse off and that makes me more depressed, and it wasn't a rational decision.
BT could have communicated things better to me though. I am usually not an unreasonable person but the amount of time I've spent at home and work trying to deal with BT is just too much. My impression is BT (and probably broadband as a whole) is one of those things where you just have to hope something doesn't go wrong.
They are taking my phone service away as well so I'll probably have no broadband for a long while.
Well what do you know, BT actually kept the appointment they had made today. My wife informs me that a very nice man just called at the house today, checked that the setup in the property is fine. Then went out and and came back and informed her that it wasn't connected properly at the external point by BT previously. He reconnected the Hub and now it is a nice steady blue and even helped my wife connect up a couple of devices and made sure it all works!
I am genuinely impressed. I actually have BT internet!
Now my dilemma is, I have been given a deactivation date of 23rd Dec (and told to call up before noon on 23rd if want to keep the services). So, if I call up and ask them to basically 'cancel'my cancellation, say later today or tomorrow, is it a straighforward process for BT to just let my services continue, or is it one of those things that is already in motion and will carry on regardless?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and Regards
I have asked a moderator to comment as to the best way to stop the cancellation.
I though it would work out in the end, sometimes these things take a bit longer