cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Flashing purple hub 6

I’ve had a engineer out to my property to try sort my 0.25 mb connection, yes that’s mb not gig ! He’s changed the master socket to a 5c but when I move router to my study I get flashing purple ! Works on master only , do I still need filters on other outlet ? If not I need to change face plate to fit ?
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: Flashing purple hub 6

Does your master socket have 1 or 2 ports at front?

Message 3 of 17

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 17

You sure you have a NTE5C master like Linebox NTE5C User instructions ?

The older OR filtered faceplates provided filtered (of the DSL from the voice) extensions, which seems to be your issue, but I'm not sure the NTE5C does.

Is your extension wiring connected to the blue (or white) terminal block behind or the red 1 on back of faceplate?

Message 5 of 17

I think you'll find the extension wiring is connected to the blue (or white) terminal block, which is filtered. For BB at an extension, you need to connect it to the red block.

Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

If your low speed was due to the extension wiring, then altering the wiring so that the broadband appears on it, is going to bring back the low speed problem again.

The best option is to run a separate RJ11 data extension cable from the front RJ11 socket on the NTE5C, to wherever you want the home hub to be located.

RJ11 Data Extension cable

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

I have a master 5c fitted , from there I only have one other plate which my router goes on , one cable from the master to the router plate no joints on it , reason we have slow speed is down to length of cable from my main box and the fact we have copper/ ally cables which are **bleep**e
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 17

I thought the issue was that BB didn't work at all from extension socket in study, not that it was slow.

Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

if your master has 2 sockets then try connecting router with rj11 modem cable to the adsl/vdsl outlet on master and then to hub and post your router stats to see conenction speed and noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

That’s right xrayspex works from master but get purple lights flashing from the only other outlet which is in the study , I could run a cable from the master but don’t want a cable draping across the floor , the study is other end of the house, but my study plate has the point on it which takes the filter which then splits to router and other outlet for house phone, I presume he joined up the cables to the study plate in the master box or I’d get an orange light not purple ?
0 Ratings