Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Fluctuating Bandwidth with High Pings

Hi all,

I'm on Infinity 1 with BT HH5.

When i first got the connection in February, pings were as low as 20ms. Then things gradually got worse to reach as high as as 350ms but for the past 10 days, things seem to have settled around the 130ms mark (Still bad for PS3 gameplay).

This was also coupled by very slow download/upload speeds. I have to restart the HH5 twice daily to restore speeds upwards of 25-30mbs, before things gradually dwindle to around 2-3 before another restart. 

Please advise and help me restore connection to what it was when i first started.

Best

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fluctuating Bandwidth with High Pings

Wired or wireless connection?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Hi there! Thanks for the prompt reply 🙂

So i did back-to-back testing on 2 laptops, one wired and the other on wi-fi. T

he wired laptop consistently gave speeds of upwards of 30down/4up, same as the one on wifi (mind you it's 1:30 am now).

The PING results, however, were astonishing: Consistent latency of less than 20ms on wired and anything between 130 to 160ms on wifi (BT HH5).

Please advise.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

from what you say it appears you connection is fine when using wired but it is a wireless problem 

have you split the networks   

Split the networks

you can try downloading inssider3 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

inssider3.1.2.1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings