Re: BT Speedtester - 'Number of Threads are 4' Error

you come and do it. rolling pins hurt!

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Dorset_Vinney
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 75

I am pleased to provide helpful advice and peer support as we attempt to solve this community problem... Smiley Wink

I also have a BTV box which is working fine (sorry GD!). I can confirm the speedtest works fine with FF 3.6.

At the moment - today - it is producing server errors for me after the first test, at the point where it tries to send the first test results to the results server. It never gets to the second test.

I got exactly the same result when I tried with IE8.

I think that the speedtester is sick today. Lots of people have reported the server issue here.

If it doesn't work in a day or two, at a quiet time of day (3am?) then do check that you have an up to date healthy Java installation. That can upset things occasionally (and did cause the old 96% problem ages ago - but Java has completely changed since then and I think that problem has disappeared - as new Java updates now remove the previous one, which they didn't used to do)

I hope you found this peer to peer support and advice helpful in solving your problem. Smiley Wink

Dorset Vinney - I speak up when I'm worried
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 75

I've managed to unplug the BTV (I didn't want to upset GD) Box and try it again. Click yes, insert telephone number and click go.

Blue bar moves to the 'e' on checking and stays there. Page continues to load. It's worse than earlier. It has got to be the tester.

Now then what's on ..... ("must resist"):smileywink:

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Dorset_Vinney
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 75

I wouldn't expect unplugging the BTV box to make any difference. I'm still getting the server error this am, as it tries to send results to the server. Perhaps we could send it a get well card?
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 25 of 75

Re: For mod's to check ( speedtester)

Elements of in private filtering will stop the tester working if anyone is using it whilst trying a test.

Works fine for me on both vista and xp, by wire or wireless, with inprivate filtering turned off.

0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 75

Still hangs after IP profile screen for me today, with xp, IE8, by wire or wireless, with no inprivate filtering

0 Ratings
Dorset_Vinney
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 75

Does't matter what browser I use - I get the internal server error still, as results from test 1 are being sent to server. Same at 7am this morning too.

Just tried using IE8 again (inprivate stuff OFF), 7am was with Firefox 3.6.

XP Home, SP3, v1 hub.

0 Ratings
GeneralDisquiet
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 75

DV,

Try running it with AdBlock Plus and Ghostery turned off.  I noticed this morning that one of these was preventing me using another speedtester - I got no warning of a problem, it simply wouldn't function properly.   It may not work, but worth a try.

Ignore that - I just tried Speedtester with both activated and it worked just fine.

"To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
-- Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1559

0 Ratings
Dorset_Vinney
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 75

thanks for that - but each time it fails with FF I immediately try IE8 and get the same result - internal server error after test 1 results are being sent to server. So as the addons don't affect IE8 I am not blaming them.

Just tried in FF with those addons disabled - internal server error.

Oh dear - this is beginning to look like a "repetitive complaint".  Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
GeneralDisquiet
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 75

How is the Speedtester doing today?

Do the lack of reports mean its working for you again - or everyone's just got fed up with it?

"To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
-- Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1559

0 Ratings