Re: Formal Complaints - Ombudsman Services

Ive sent the info over including case number

I only want to cancel my contract and move to another supplier 

0 Ratings
Clarej10
Beginner
Message 22 of 42

I am glad to see I am not the only one that's having problems with bt only mines been going on for 18 months. Yesterday I decided to cancel all bt  services as I'd had enough of being passed from one department to another. You would of thought this to be a straight forward action but no! Got cut off two times then got talking to a gentleman who promised me (one of so many promises) after talking to his manager that someone from the engineering team would call me back before the end of the day! Alas no call recieved...... Frustrated is not the word. Any suggestions on what to do next as I'm now paying full price for broadband that keeps dropping and can only be used in the room with the hub in. I'm out of contract and right now have not paid my bill hoping this would cause bt  to do something!

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 42

Welcome to the forum. Not paying your bill certainly will cause BT to do something - it will start with late payment charges and ultimately trash your credit rating. Not a good idea, whatever the provocation.

If your BT services have not yet been cancelled, help with your problem should be available on this forum if you care to post details on the appropriate board here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
utterlyastonished
Contributor
Message 24 of 42

Really sorry to hear this. For a company to drive their customers to tears is an absolute disgrace. I really hope you manage to find someone who can help. I am just waiting for my contract to end so I can escape but hopefully one of the moderators will see your message, get in touch and give you the details of someone that will actually help. Really hope you get an answer. All the best.
0 Ratings
ejeffries
Beginner
Message 25 of 42

How do I raise a formal complaint against BT to the Ombudsman?  Anyone able to advise me on this?

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 42

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 27 of 42

@ejeffries Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see you want to raise a complaint with the Ombudsman. If you post an overview of the problem on the relevant board the community may be able to help you get this sorted.

0 Ratings
ejeffries
Beginner
Message 28 of 42

After receiving a ‘dead lock’ letter from BT I want to refer a complaint I have with BT to the Ombudsman as BT are incorrectly pursuing me personally for a business BT Sport contract rather than correctly pursuing the Ltd company. This has resulted in the debt being passed to a debt collection agency in my personal name. 

I have a full summary of the situation (which is too big to post) and supporting evidence. 

This has resulted in a debt collection agency pursuing me for over £4000 so far for money for the outstanding BT Sport business contract and the situation is becoming very stressful.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 29 of 42

@ejeffries Oh I see, if deadlock has been reached then you will need to contact the Ombudsman to take your complaint further.  If you need further advice on this you'd be best posting on the BT Business forum as this forum is for residential customers.

0 Ratings
beenrippedoff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 42

The ombudman service is not fit for purpose. They cannot ask for specific information from BT and rely only on whst BT choose to supply. BT will as they did in my case say they deleted all fault history and engineer notes in line with the data protection act. Hiever the infomation comissioners officers states this is not a requirement. BT are under no obligation to destroy data of existing customers and say they would not expect BT to do this. The ombudsman will then say as there is no evidence they cannot find in your find in your favour or will say ok youve had a bit of a problem so awsrd £50. Which is what they awarded me after 2 and a half years poor service due to incorrectly installed equipment. But as BT no longer had the engineers report (after only 15 months) they said there is no evidence to prove it. Massively bias towards BT. Not worth the effort.
In future i will record calls, log dates time and names, and make an FOI request for all info then see what the ombudsman says!!
0 Ratings