cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seme
Contributor
Message 31 of 103

Re: Fourth day of sub-100k speeds, no assistance from helpdesk

Just spook to bt again they called me back! They are changing my ip profile?

And they booked a call back for 3 - 5 this afternoon.

Possible progress will let you know.

0 Ratings
Terpsichore
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 103

@Seme wrote:

Sorry for the late reply

I'm in the Parker Road area right near the new Multi million pound collage and the speed is still rubbish.

I don't think changing isp is the right way but you wait until they try to take my payment out on monday.

They don't call you back i ring them every day just to be told to wait 120 hours.

I think they are having staffing issues because when you get but onto a uk operator they drop the call then you end up going to india, Just to be told to take face plate off plug into master socket getting fed up with that reply.

Thats right near the Exchange, your line should be flying there. I used to live in Devonshire Road and my connection there was much quicker than up here.

0 Ratings
Terpsichore
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 103

Just noticed on the fault tracker that it now says my fault should be fixed. I hope to god this is automated and they haven't signed this fault off, I really don't want to start this whole process over again.
0 Ratings
Seme
Contributor
Message 34 of 103

At best i only ever got 5mb i'm about 3 doors away from a little green box that has a fibre link in for the collage.

0 Ratings
jasarien
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 103

@research86,

Yes i raised a fault -- twice! They marked it as fixed twice! The fault is not fixed!

Look!

http://cl.ly/2m2x242E1i1X2N3u0T0t (screenshot of speedtester.bt.com) done at around 15:15 today.

I just got off the phone again after having my call transferred to the network team (even though if was another Indian person. I'm not being racist..)  They had no idea how to get my problem resolved and once again told me to WAIT for a call back from a diagnostic team who will schedule for an engineer to come to my house to solve the problem.

They say an appointment can only be made on Monday or Tuesday - meaning I have to take off from work for them to be here - WHICH I CANNOT DO. I can't take any more time off work, I have booked all my days off this year.

I am also certain that this isn't a problem with my line! And I have changed nothing to do with the equipment in my house.

This HAS to be an exchange problem. There must be a misconfiguration on my account or something.

I am doing my damned best not to swear my head off at these phone people but WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?!

This is pathetic service.

What else can I do to get this fixed? Someone please tell me because I am at my wits end here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Seme
Contributor
Message 36 of 103

There on to us they don't want us as customers anymore!

They send all calls to india They can't help with local faults if it's not on there web page then all is fine

But i might go down to the hastings exchange in the town centre and see if anyone has been sent down there.

This is not going down to well with ofcom they don't like people who pay alot of money for btoadband and get bad service

0 Ratings
Blommy
Beginner
Message 37 of 103

Hi

Still not sorted out here in Ore either.

The help desk left a message from me today wanting to know status, asking for me by my wifes Christian name Mr Angela!! I ask you.

Anyhow......

Have you guys noticed speeds in the early hours?

Up until about 7 am I am getting 3.5mb after 8 am it's down to 0.12mb

0 Ratings
jasarien
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 103

Sending my story to BBC Watchdog. If I can't get this fixed, I'm sure they can.
0 Ratings
Seme
Contributor
Message 39 of 103

India has just called me ask if i was near SHEFFIELD what?

I have now got an engineer coming out monday 8 - 1 why?

I told him i'm not the only one in Hastings not Sheffield with this fault.

And your right about the speed somtimes going up at night early hours.

What do the engineers do. They better not bill me for it.

0 Ratings
Terpsichore
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 103

@Seme wrote:

India has just called me ask if i was near SHEFFIELD what?

I have now got an engineer coming out monday 8 - 1 why?

I told him i'm not the only one in Hastings not Sheffield with this fault.

And your right about the speed somtimes going up at night early hours.

What do the engineers do. They better not bill me for it.

lol, it just gets worse doesn't it!

The engineer will come, do some tests on your line, say there isn't a problem with the line and pass it on. As long as theres nothing in your house causing a problem then you shouldn't get charged but who knows, this is BT, anything is possible!

By the way your speed will be fine at 7am if your problem is the same as mine. At 7am until about 9am my speed is fine, 3mb upwards. Then about 9am it starts to deteriorate and then by 10am its back to good old 0.2 and there it stays for the rest of the day. I don't know what time the speed goes back to 3mb but it must be sometime between midnight and 7am, they are the only times I haven't done any testing.

0 Ratings