Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 11 of 14

Re: Fox TV

Hi @zulu17,

Thanks for the post.  First and foremost I am sorry that you didn't receive any official comms from BT about the removal of Fox from BTTV.

I provide a weekly insight report to key stakeholders within BT.  I have at least one senior manager for each area of the business.  I raised this particular issue last Wednesday and can offer some insight.

Speaking with the senior TV team they confirmed that emails and letters would not be sent to every BTTV customer.  Around 80000 customers were targeted with emails and letters, these 80000 customers were identified as customers who actively use the Fox channel.  Emails were sent to the primary contact email address which BT holds on the customers account, if there was no email recorded then a letter would be sent.

Due to the feedback that was coming from the community the question was asked on that call as to how we will improve this process should we find ourselves in this position again, as clearly this contact strategy did not reach all the customer as it should have.  BT will seek to add platform messaging for any future changes, so the idea would be that once you go to the channel in questions you would see clear messaging about what was going to happen.

I appreciate that we could have done much better but there has been some learning taken away from this on how we can do things better in the future.

Once again I am sorry that you didn't get an email or letter Smiley Sad

Cheers

Sean

zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 14

Earlier in this thread there is a T&C quote - I repeat a very relevant statement

occasionally we may withdraw channel(s) that form part of your subscription service and we may not have time to tell you beforehand, but we will tell you as soon as we can;

Now it appears

Speaking with the senior TV team they confirmed that emails and letters would not be sent to every BTTV customer.

As for using  platform messaging  in the future- this is already available on the Youview platform - BT  didn't bother or choose  to use it.

Also why has there been no mention in the weekly BT TV email bulletins that I receive on the channel s removal or indeed any other channels removal or additions.

The removal of Home as an IPTV channel and the removal of its On demand catchup from the Youview BT Player and the BT TV (Everywhere)  service has also being poorly communicated.

The addition of TCM to some packages has also been poorly commuinicated and no explanation as to why unlike other pay tv platforms BT is only providing this in SD  rather than both SD & HD formats.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 13 of 14

Thanks for the reply Zulu,

I completely understand your frustration and I will feed your comments back to the TV team.

In relation to the introduction of TCM, I completely agree that the communication of this channel was not handled well, I mean I didn't know about it until I seen posts on the forum Smiley Embarassed

We don't yet have the rights to provide the HD variant of this channel but this may change in the future.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 14

There still seems a very strange lack of communication about changes to BT TV channels.

The recent renaming of the BTSport Europe channel into BT Sport 3 and the various channel number changes affecting the BT sport appears to be another example of no communication to customers.

The weekly BT Tv and BT sport Friday fix emails make no mention of the changes.

As there was inaccurate information provided in the updated help where are my channel lists it is clear that the communication internally within BT was also less than perfect.

0 Ratings