cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Free BT Sport on Broadband!

Renewed my broadband again with BT and was talked into adding BT Tv starter for just a £35 activation fee, when it arrived I found out it wasn't wireless and had to buy booster plugs for the router £25. After many frustrating phone calls to BT I have now been told that our copper wires do not support BT Sport on BTTV, I was told at time of ordering that this was available to me and it states on their website for the starter package with standard broadband "watch BT Sport on your TV" . I have looked a complaint but am still waiting some 3 days later on someone from BT contacting me. Please help!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Free BT Sport on Broadband!

You can check for yourself if BT Sport should be available.  Go to the BT Wholesale page here https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html and enter your phone number.  It needs to say "Available" against Copper Multicast, and your line speed needs to be about 6M or faster.  BT are supposed to check these things before letting you order.

They seem to have neglected to mention how the YouView box needs to be connected on the current web site.  It used to be reasonably clear - and they used to send out the powerline adaptors free to all TV customers.  Unfortunately, WiFi isn't very reliable for streaming live TV, and it really can't handle the multicast system that BT uses for their live channels.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi thanks, it does say available and line up to 14 mb, what shall I do now, everyone I speak to on the phone either in the technical dept or customer options team do not know that I am talking about!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Hi Frustrated208,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi PaddyB

I missed a call from BT today and was left a message to say I would be contacted again within 10 days!! This is a long time to wait on a phone call, can you please look into this for me?

Una
0 Ratings