cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 5

Free Caller ID and Line Rental Saver start date aligned.

My question is why can't the free caller ID and one year "line rental saver" be started at the same time?

In April this year I renewed my Infinity contract and paid my line rental up front for one year, I asked for my already running, free caller ID service to re-start at the same time.

I was told that this will all be sorted.

I've now been sent an email telling me the free caller ID will run out at the end of this year.

My line rental and Infinity run out in April 2016.

I've just spoken to a lady from BT who insisted it was not possible to have my free caller ID synchronised with the rest of my contracts?????

However she has renewed my Free caller ID for another year..... AND PROMISED that if in April at the end of my contracts, I was to move to another ISP and telephone supplier that I wouldn't be charged any cancellation fee.

Could someone from BT please confirm this.

Also I would still like to have the free caller ID renewal bought in line with my Telephone and Infinity services.

Thanks in anticipation, PC

BTW

I note people often mention that it is hard to find out their Broadband contract ending date.....

If you are able to take up line rental saver (the upfront line rental payment for the year) at the same time as you start a yearly broadband contract then.....

In your online MY BT "your latest bill" shows = Line Rental Saver. You've paid your line rental in advance until 1 Apr 16, making it easy for you and saving you money.

This along with a reminder email of "line rental saver coming to an end", gives a useful indication of your Broadband contract expiry date.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Free Caller ID and Line Rental Saver start date aligned.

The only way to synchronise things is to not renew the caller id in December and not have it until you recontract in April.

LRS is linked to the phone line contract not your broadband contract which can have a different end date. In fact it is possible for each seperate element of the BT service to have different contract dates which cannot be synchronised - this has been confirmed to me by a Moderator in the past.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Conrad for your quick reply.

That's what I thought would be the situation. 

So I was planning to delay if I could not get the Line Saver and Caller ID alligned, but whilst talking with the lady she said that she had put me back on the Free ID service.

This was not what I was asking her to do because as far as I was concerned I should have been receiving the free service until April 2016 as told upon renewing last April.

However The lady insisted I would not be billed if I moved from BT in April, so I left it like that. However would be re-assured to receive confirmation from BT in the UK.

If a BT mod could confirm that this is correct, if not then to check my account as I don't want to be receiving free caller ID and will review the situation in my April contract renewing/discussion phone call.

(Called BT overseas at approx 4pm this afternoon 18/12/15)

btw I don't want to give the impression that I am planning to leave BT in April. I just don't want to be constrained by a "contract" loophole because I accepted a further free caller ID year when discussing an incorrect (in my view) December end date.

PC

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

LRS isn't actually linked to the line rental contract minimum term or any other contract/offer term start or end dates. It's just a one-off non-refundable advance payment covering 12 months line rental costs.

The line rental is re-contracted for 12 months minimum as part of the free BT Privacy offer.

Yes it's awkward trying to synchronise (and keep synchronised) all the different BT service contracts and additional things like LRS.

I'm not sure I'd be happy with what they have told you about possibly leaving from April. The computer system might have different ideas!
Also still doesn't synchronise things if you stay with BT.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

I would be very surprised if anyone at BT would confirm what you want, since BT's web site states that BT Privacy with Caller Display requires a new 12 month contract http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8098/kw/privacy%20caller%20display/c/345,361,7464

If you want to leave within that 12 months without penalty, then you will will need to keep details of exactly when you called BT and what was said.  The former is necessary because you will probably have to insist that they go back and listen to the recording of that call.  You will have to argue that the option to leave after April was a specific contractual term that was offered to you in place of BT's normal Terms and Conditions for the service.

0 Ratings