Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DorsetWeevil
Contributor
Message 21 of 22

Re: Free Home Hub upgrade?

Go to solution

@gg30340About a year ago I tried REALLY hard to 'downgrade' so that the service I received was matched by the price I was paying.  I was met with huge resistance by several people in 'chats' and on the telephone at BT.

Eventually I was told that if I downgraded from Option 2 I would notice a 'guaranteed drop' (their words) in the speed and quality of the connection from the already below-Option-1 speed I was getting!  I thought this was dreadful, and probably just a sales-pitch.  Indeed here on the forum I was told (including by a Moderator) that this should not happen - but I didn't want to take the risk... as I said earlier I was played for a fool by the 'retention' experts at BT!  Lesson learned.

This post summarises some of what happened when I tried to sort things out a year ago.

@pottypersonHopefully I'll be able to stockpile quite a cellar on the savings I'll make in the next 12 months (~£370!) Admittedly I don't have evening and weekend calls with the new contract, but I get great signal and free calls with my mobile so not an issue.

The forum here and the moderators has been a great source of information - I wish the same level of care was shown by BT itself whenever I contacted them.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 22

Re: Free Home Hub upgrade?

Go to solution

@DorsetWeevil wrote:

@gg30340About a year ago I tried REALLY hard to 'downgrade' so that the service I received was matched by the price I was paying.  I was met with huge resistance by several people in 'chats' and on the telephone at BT.

Eventually I was told that if I downgraded from Option 2 I would notice a 'guaranteed drop' (their words) in the speed and quality of the connection from the already below-Option-1 speed I was getting!  I thought this was dreadful, and probably just a sales-pitch.  Indeed here on the forum I was told (including by a Moderator) that this should not happen - but I didn't want to take the risk... as I said earlier I was played for a fool by the 'retention' experts at BT!  Lesson learned. There would have been NO risk of your speed dropping if you were aleady getting less than the maximum speed for Infinity 1. It would appear that, if I am being generous you were misinformed or if I am being cynical, you were lied to.

This post summarises some of what happened when I tried to sort things out a year ago.

@pottypersonHopefully I'll be able to stockpile quite a cellar on the savings I'll make in the next 12 months (~£370!) Admittedly I don't have evening and weekend calls with the new contract, but I get great signal and free calls with my mobile so not an issue.

The forum here and the moderators has been a great source of information - I wish the same level of care was shown by BT itself whenever I contacted them.