Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 91 of 145

Re: Free speed upgrade for Infinity 1 customers Sept-Nov 2017

@JohnC2 wrote:

Hi @kkkk Thanks for posting back to confirm you have received the speed upgrade now. I'm sorry we didn't get to your case earlier to help with it.

cheers

John

Hello, can I ask for someone to check that my original setup has not changed, I was told it wouldn't, just want to be sure, rather than find out later on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 92 of 145

So an update from my end

Looking at my router stats earlier and I noticed that on the 25th at 10.03pm I had a reset which took my stats to this

Upstream

Downstream

Current Rate (Kbps)

Max Rate (Kbps)

SNR Margin (dB)

I tested my speeds this morning and was getting Downstream 63.88 and Upstream 18.26 (no problem with that).

At 1.33pm on the 26th (15hrs 30mins later) I had another reset which changed my stats to the following

Upstream

Downstream

Current Rate (Kbps)

Max Rate (Kbps)

SNR Margin (dB)

My speeds are now Down 53.49 (so back to where it always has been pre-Boost) and Up 18.29

Once again I'm considering swapping out the TP-Link for the Hub 6 as clearly I've received the boost but something is preventing it from 'sticking'. This is now the 5th occasion this has happened since the 'Boost' became apparent to me (according to router stats) on October 27th. Maybe its time to swap these routers over???

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 93 of 145

Hi, I've been with BTinfinity 1 since 2016 and I renewed my contract this October. I didn't get the free speed increase or the email. After banging my head against the wall for an hour on chat I finally got a phone call from a support guy in Lancaster.

He tells me I'm not getting the speed increase because I signed up in October, and my broadband charges will not be increasing in January because I didn't get the free upgrade.I would appreciate some input from a mod as to whether or not this is correct or is he feeding me a load of rubbish

regards Mick?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 94 of 145

As far as has been stated here (forum) any increase will be 'rolled' out automatically and needs no input by user.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 95 of 145

10 down line can handle 17 down.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 96 of 145

@MadRob I can expect that BT would recommend that you use the Home Hub. But more interestingly, this article is worth a read - https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/01/2016-update-router-options-for-uk-fttc-fibre-broadband...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 97 of 145

@wireguy66 wrote:

Hi, I've been with BTinfinity 1 since 2016 and I renewed my contract this October. I didn't get the free speed increase or the email. After banging my head against the wall for an hour on chat I finally got a phone call from a support guy in Lancaster.

He tells me I'm not getting the speed increase because I signed up in October, and my broadband charges will not be increasing in January because I didn't get the free upgrade.I would appreciate some input from a mod as to whether or not this is correct or is he feeding me a load of rubbish

regards Mick?

It all depends on your download speed now. If your line can't handle more than 52+mbps down or more than 10mpbs up then you won't get it.

I added the bit about upload as my line can't get more than 52meg down but 12meg up & I got the upgrade.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 98 of 145

@Hatton920 wrote:
10 down line can handle 17 down.

And what do you expect to happen?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 99 of 145

I'm 80 mtrs direct span from the fttc enabled cabinet. They're not saying my line can't handle it. They're saying I'm not having it cos I signed up in October.

regards Mick

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 100 of 145

You said you renewed your contract in October so you a new customer and so they are right if you had just let it run you would have it.  Sounds like the way you recontracted made you a new customer.

I got BT Infinity 1 quite recently. How do I get the speed upgrade?

If you ordered a 52Mb BT Infinity package before 28 September 2017, we'll uplift your speed if your line can support it.

I'm an existing BT Infinity 1 customer - when will my speed be increased?

All BT Infinity 1 customers whose line can support the new speed will be upgraded to up to 76Mb by mid-November.

I only just sneaked in before the September date but my line in a bad way so I get no increase.

0 Ratings