cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandjett
Message 1 of 2

Freestyle 2200 `reconnect` beeps at random

Hi, I`ve just had to disconnect my second handset from bedroom as it keeps waking me up at night with loud `reconnect` beeps. The noise sequence is two short beeps followed by a brief pause then a long `reconnect` beep. (Same as someone replacing the handset). Last night this happened at 2am, 3am and 3.20am, which is when I unplugged the darned thing. Any explanations? Suggestions re cause? Is it the line or my phone? Please help! It`s not happened for a while but it does seem to go through periods where it happens regularly at night, then nothing for weeks. Can anyone help me resolve this unwanted noise problem? Do post a reply!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
PoxyPig
Message 2 of 2

Re: Freestyle 2200 `reconnect` beeps at random

I have a set of 3 of these. One unit especially beeps periodically and all of them have problems when the phone rings.

The low battery indicators are continually showing low or causing the units to beep. I have replaced the batteries at least twice with only a very temporary improvement.

The solution is to throw them away and purchase some decent ones, definitely NOT BT !!!

0 Ratings