cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Freeview poor signal only during evening

I've been using BT supplied youview box a few months. Initially everything was ok but in recent weeks, almost every day, at about 5pm or later the freeview signal appears to drop considerably, and recovers an hour or so later. The timings vary from one day to another. I have a good external aerial, and a signal amplifier. A second TV uses the same aerial source which has never had reception problems (it has built-in freeview). I'm left with no option but to use my sky box during this period for the freeview channels. By elimination it appears that the youview box is at fault, but is that possible?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Freeview poor signal only during evening

Hi Killy,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Do you get an error message when you lose the signal? Take a look here for help with freeview issues.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Temp remove aerial from Bt box and attach to tv and see if picture is the same as your other tv`s reception, then you can say its the Bt box(numerous post about BT boxes handling of freeview reception).
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Hi David, thanks for responding. I've looked at the various help articles and followed the relevant fixes but none have addressed the issue. When the problem occurs the picture slowly deteriorates over a period of 5-10 mins, until it reaches a point when it gives an on-screen error message to say signal level has reached a low level. But the other TV that uses the same aerial source continues to be ok. Eventually after 1-2 hours the signal seems to recover.
0 Ratings