cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 44

Re: Freeview retune has lost BTSport 1 & 2 on BT Vison box

Hey no worries, it's all interesting stuff KFCspike :))
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 44

It just gets more bizarre, have forced synchronisationard etc made no difference so hard reset the box, its rescanned the channels (58 & 59) still missing, but when I go to BBC 1, black screen with the banner saying "No Freeview signal being received for this channel, press help for more infomation" even the the Panasonic on the rf loop has a picture for all channels!

Settings>TV settings>Freeview Signal strength On any scanned channel is showing 0dBuV for signal strength and 0% Signal quality! So not sure if I have fried the innerds lol.

If I get a freeview box from eBay that works.. Guess it should work when I use it at mine, I wont allow a software update?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 44

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 44

Re: Freeview retune has lost BTSport 1 & 2 on BT Vision box

Guy from tech helpdesk asked me to look at these settings which on mines are ...CA Network Info - Not Connected and in Entitlement Info - Not Initialised.  This was when the helpdesk guy advised me to call the BT sport number and tell them I needed to be set up for DTT.

Why is this out of the hands of the technical helpdesk, I would have thought they would be able to change this without involving sales !!!

Must say I am not convinved that cancelling BT sport and then re-ordering it is going to get it working on DTT and I can see me going around in circles, making loads of annoying phone calls, getting hacked off and just cancelling it for good.  Typical that it seems fine with friends who have it thru Sky tv yet as a BT Employee and Customer for all my Comms and TV I get a **bleep** service !

I have tried the Force Resync but get a msg saying "VMC038 - Unable to update your channel subscription at the moment - try again later"  I have also did the reboots of hub 3 and vision box to no avial !  All the info and help on BT Vision/Sports sites suggests that if you have a reasonable downstream on BB connection of more that 6mb it should work on muticast.

My hub 3 settings show connection at 10.2mb down and 1mb up and on speedtest.net it is pinging at 9mb down and 786kb up, so in theory it should be working !

NOT HAPPY BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 44

@joeuk2000 wrote:

Settings>TV settings>Freeview Signal strength On any scanned channel is showing 0dBuV for signal strength and 0% Signal quality! So not sure if I have fried the innerds lol.

If I get a freeview box from eBay that works.. Guess it should work when I use it at mine, I wont allow a software update?

I think others have reported that 0% signal problem in the past. So more likely to be a software configuration problem than any damage to the hardware. Did you get it working again?

You can't just buy a second hand box and connect it to your line. BT would have to pair it up with your account and I don't know that they would do that. You also can't really stop the software updates. The software asks and allows you to defer an update twice and then the third time just goes ahead. Plus the screen where it asks times out after a while. Often the updates happen at night (the box will still do them from standby), so the first you know about it is when you start up the box the next day and it says it completed an update.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 44

Ahhhh thanks for that, wont rush into getting another box then!

Left it retuning over night, this morning still stuck at 77%... So initiated another factory reset and when the retune got to 75% I whipped out the aerial lead and it continued to 100%. So receiver now works again!

Just back to the original problem of being set up as multicast and not getting channels 58 & 59

So a bit 🙂 and 😞 lol

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 44

So, just called 0800 111 4567 and got through to the technical help desk immediately, well it is 2am! I've been told I need to call 0800 800 150, ask for Order Management as I have some "line items" missing? Been given a vol tracking number....

Feels similar to danstuartrobb, something wrong with order... So will call on Monday during the day. Feel progress has been made as at least got though to technical lol
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 44

Called 0800 800 150, got through to the order managment team then after being put on hold the line went dead. 50 minutes wasted.

Dialled again, through to order management, said i needed technical, transferred through to technical, informed approximate wait time is between 25 and 30 mins... loosing will to live, put phone down.

May call at 3am again. Kind of loosing the will to live

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 44

Yeh... they have a msg stating you will be on hold for 30mins and I certainly was !!! Was annoying that the only advice was to cease the sports service which it seems they have done today as my box has done a restart and changed the software and now shows the chls 57,58,& 59 and nothing on the multicast channels on tv guide. Back to normal but I am now dreading placing the order for it again as I think they may try to do it on my BB again and so will the phone calls continue !!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 44

Ahh.. looks like you are making progress...

I called them at 4:15pm today...got through to someone, at 5:10pm the chappy Sohail told me he was having problems getting hold of the department he needs, so said go onto speaker phone,  he called me on my mobile, I drove 20 miles home with the **bleep** hold music through the car stereo.... and now he's put through to the department i need, but its just ringing out.

Apparently i just need my TV profile changing to DTT as opposed to inifinity broadband profile its currently setup as. Needs to be done on a system called Nevos???

So it's now 18:30 and still on the phone... *yawn*

Cant you just stick your BTSports card into the BT Vision box and it should work? Thats assumin gyou have a BTSports card?

0 Ratings