cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 31 of 44

Re: Freeview retune has lost BTSport 1 & 2 on BT Vison box

Another thing I had noticed, but was the least of my issues, was that the vision box was really slow and sluggish since I changed from the old one almost a month back !
Now that it has been restored back to the old software it seems to go through the screens a bit faster.... or maybe I am just imagining it !
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 32 of 44

I have had similar problems - I beliive I was enabled for Multicast without Infinity and I was only seeing channels in the 500's. I have a viewing card but no messgaes appeared when activated and inserted. Technical helpdesk attempted to update my software version however failed to do so and have stated that my old Home Hub 1.5 (white) is to blame and I will be sent a Home Hub 3 free of charge. Let's hope this resolves my issues!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 44

Dobber, if your broadband speed is quick enough it may help, however if your broadband is slow your multicast picture may still breakup, the HH3 won't speed up your broadband as such... as far as i am aware!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 34 of 44

@dobber wrote:
Technical helpdesk attempted to update my software version however failed to do so and have stated that my old Home Hub 1.5 (white) is to blame and I will be sent a Home Hub 3 free of charge. Let's hope this resolves my issues!

Good point. The multicast system isn't compatible with a HH1 or HH1.5. There was some conflicting evidence for HH2, but BT say you must have an HH3 or HH4 in order to use multicast channels.

So if any of you are still trying to get the multicast software working with ADSL be aware that you need an HH3 or HH4. BT should send you a free replacement if you have an older model.

As mentioned above, your broadband speed might still be an issue even with the correct equipment, but I suppose you just need to try it and see.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 35 of 44

Thanks for the responses guys, just to update my previous post I am getting 6.45 Mb/s Download and 61.86 Mb/s upload - the latter seems to be extreme given I am only on copper broadband! The new HH3 should be with me in 2 days and i will keep you posted. I thought I read that Sport over Multicast would be better quality than via Tv ariel so hopefully I can get this rsolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 36 of 44

Hello, my story goes...

BT Vision Box with Viewing Card, normal broadband.

July. Get letter from BT, phone and switch to premium sports switch over, lose my sky sport 1 but now get BT sports etc.

Letter states ' You don't need to do anything just tune in on 1st August!'

July. Phone BT to inform them I am moving house on the 19th of August. Taking my phone number with me. All Fine.

August 2nd . BT sports on channels 58 and 59, blank screen? Phone BT , I need a viewing card, they set up the APP so I can watch on my laptop.

Tuesday 6th. Viewing card does not arrive.

Wednesday 7th. Viewing card arrives! Put it in, follow instructions, still not working. Phone BT, passed around for a few hours then get cut off!

Thursday 8th .Phone again, speak to 3 people, customer champion Gillian finally gets the card to work,both channels on 58 and 59 work! I watch some football and tennis.

Friday 9th .Vision box has updated overnight, now channels 58 and 59 are gone completely from the TV guide, also new channels have appeared on 507,508,509 and on and on.

Scan for channels, reset box etc etc. Still no channels.... Read the forums on the BT website.

Phone BT but to close to 8 o'clock so hang up.

Checked the settings: found middleware version number is now the 'multicast build'

Drive to my parents house and check their BT vision box. (they signed up for BT recently on my recommendation) They have the same deal as myself. Normal Broadband,BT sport, viewing card, stay in the same town etc.

Checked their setting: Their version is '46.5 REV1512 Build'

Has my vision box been updated incorrectly, which has caused my channels to disappear?

Saturday 10th Phoned again, put on hold, had to go out so hang up.

Sunday 11th Phoned again, explained to the tech guy about this update that maybe causing this problem, he takes it on board.... Instructed to scan for channels, re set the box again etc

This does not do anything, as expected.

Tech guys talks about updating but has to speak to his boss

Asks if he can phone me back. Yes, confirm he has the correct phone number, Fine.

He does not phone back...

Spend Sunday night writing this email.

Email BT/Faults department

Post on BT forum 'still can't get BT sport'

Monday 12th

Read the forum 'free view retune has lost BT sport channels' as suggested by Umpire Expert on BT forum 'still can't get BT sport'

Loads of people in my sinking boat

Phone customer number 0800 800 150, get through in 10 mins, good start.

Explain my problem, BT person sounds like she has heard this problem before! Tells me she will explain the problem to tech person and put me through. On hold for a while, tech persons answers and has no knowledge of my problem. Explain the problem with the update etc. She tells me to scan for channels.. I do it to keep the peace, I know it won't work,it does not work. Explain again, She speaks to someone else. The plan is to pull out the cable and hold the left/bottom button.

The box resets/updates itself etc. She 'promises' to phone back in 20 minutes.

The update/reset is now complete, the vision box is still the same, middleware version etc.

Its been longer than 50mins and my phone has not rung yet........

Has anyone got their problem fixed yet?

M

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 37 of 44

I see you posted here, so I'll ask the question here.

If you look in

Help & Settings > Settings > Entitlement Information

is anything listed or is it all blank?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 44

@maloney wrote:

Hello, my story goes...

Friday 9th .Vision box has updated overnight, now channels 58 and 59 are gone completely from the TV guide, also new channels have appeared on 507,508,509 and on and on.

Scan for channels, reset box etc etc. Still no channels.... Read the forums on the BT website.

Phone BT but to close to 8 o'clock so hang up.

Checked the settings: found middleware version number is now the 'multicast build'

Hi maloney, What do you see when you try to view channels 507 & 508?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 39 of 44

Hi Umpire

No call back again last night, shameful

Anyway,  Entitlement info shows:

BT Admin 13/08/2013

MLTV1      16/08/2013

BT sport SD

Next con date 14/08/2013

Last con date 13/08/2013 VMC027

Status Initialised

Cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 40 of 44

KFCspike wrote 'Hi maloney, What do you see when you try to view channels 507 & 508?'

Hi, Blank screen with info saying. problems with your broadband have interrupted your viewing,press help to troubleshoot, cheers

0 Ratings