cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MHumphreys89
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Frequent WiFi drops/weak WiFi signal (BT Infinity Home Hub 4.0a)

Getting frustrated with this issue now, i've contacted BT before about this problem but nothing they suggest works. I have been through the basics more than a few times, my problem? Poor WiFi. I currently have a Home Hub 4.0a and have exprienced a bad signal and drops on a constant basis, a far-cry from the promised 'most reliant wirelesss signal' in the UK. Multiple devices will lose WiFi without warning causing me head-aches, I have suffered botched purchases from Amazon and other such places as a result. At this point i'm getting fed-up and would consider leaving BT if it weren't for my contract. Currently wondering if people are having the same exprience and wether or not a new hub would fix the issue. It is probably worth mentioning that I have no trouble with the ethernet connection to the hub, it works perfectly it's just the WiFi. I'm using up my limited 4G connection provided to me by my mobile-phone provided because of this and BT claim there's nothing wrong with my line.

Could any one Help?

Michael Humphreys.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Frequent WiFi drops/weak WiFi signal (BT Infinity Home Hub 4.0a)

No Isp will guarantee Wireless coverage due to to many sources of external interference have you tried turning off smart wireless and selecting a separate wireless channel
0 Ratings
MHumphreys89
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Yes, i've even gone so far as to download an app for my Android device to see which is the least congested channel in my area. I exprienced perfect wireless when I was with my old provider (Virgin Media) using their Netgear hardware.

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Have you split the ssids?

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Disgracio
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Michael, I have exactly the same problem though it only materialised after I renewed my 'contract' and got a cheaper deal. My broadband connection etc was meant to be the same but within a couple of days I started getting problems. 

I tried the online help but it was worse than useless. Ready to change provider now.

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

@Disgracio have you done all the things recommended on the thread

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings