Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: Frequent broadband disconnections

Go to solution
OK, eBay cheap phone on its way... will post back when I redo the quiet line test.
0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

No noise on the quiet line test on a corded phone, but my connection has dropped several times today after 4 days without a drop. Still plugged into the test socket BTW. What are the next steps? Thanks.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @Mjconnolly,

Thanks for checking the line for any noise. I think we'll need to take a closer look at this for you so can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution
Thanks, email sent, let me know if you need me to send any more info (logs etc). I am also wondering whether my VPN software might be at fault, since the connection was fine over the weekend and is having a total 'mare today now I'm back at work? I use Cisco Anyconnect.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @Mjconnolly,

Thank you for sending in your details. I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your connection. I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today.

I've ran a few checks on your connection and its picking up a fault on the line. We'll need to arrange an engineer to go out and investigate the fault. In order to book the engineer's appointment, I do need to speak to you in person. Please can you let me know what would be a good time for me to call tomorrow?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

Hi Paddy, sorry I was off work today so I kept the mobile off 🙂

If you try me tomorrow after 1pm I’ll keep it switched on.

Thanks

Martin

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @Mjconnolly,

Thanks for posting. @PaddyB is out of the office until Saturday but has scheduled a call back to arrange the engineer visit when he's back in the office. I'll let him know you've posted.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

Hi, the Openreach engineer has just been. He couldn’t find any fault on the line, and suggested trying a new Hub 6. Not sure whether I have to request that or he will do it?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

you need to do it by phoning custmer services

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

OK, PaddyB spoke to me on Saturday and advised me to see how the old hub performed, as it had been stable for over 24 hours. However it then disconnected a few times, so I've switched over the new hub that was sent to me. Unfortunately that is still disconnecting several times a day. It reconnects faster than the old one, but there are still drops. In fact today it has disconnected at 00:00, 06:11, 06:39 and 06:51. If the line checks out and the new hub doesn't make a difference, what can it be??

0 Ratings