cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joofl
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Frequent connection loss over wired and wi-fi.

Hello,

I've recently had BT infinity installed, I think 3 or 4 days ago now, and I understand there's a period when the homehub will continually reboot to try and stabilise the connection to the exchange. This aside, there's periods where it will restart 5 or 6 times in a row only ten minutes apart, and it takes on average 3-5 mins to reconnect.

Is this normal? How much longer am I to wait before I report this to BT?

Secondly, the wifi randomly dies sometimes and only hard resetting the homehub seems to fix it. My homehub 3 worked fine and very rarely booted anyone off the network, and I'm using identical settings in this instance. Is this a known issue with the homehub 5? Is it still recommended to use smart channel detection? Because that used to die all the time for me.

Sorry about the length of the post, just a little frustrated.

Thanks in advance,

Joo.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Frequent connection loss over wired and wi-fi.

I think there's a problem with the Homehub 5.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Robbo88
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Frequent connection loss over wired and wi-fi.

Having the same issue here, had BT Infinity installed last Thursday, just been doing some online gaming and got disconnected x3, firmware is Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A), (mine was updated at 00:48am 8/2/14), Ive been looking round on forums and co (seems to be a issue), I seem to have the new faceplate that does not require the open reach modem and HH5 combo, the engineer just plugged the HH5 into the master socket with new faceplate. 

Ive been looking at the DSL-N66U as a backup and maybe something that wouldnt disconnect.... but seen mixed reviews and just worried it will be a waste of money, 

seems to be a firmware issue or am I wrong?

Thanks 

0 Ratings