cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vice
Message 1 of 2

Frequent signal drops

Good evening everybody,

Had quite a frustrating experience today attempting to watch youtube/iplayer and generally surf the internet.

Quite difficult to describe the problem; but here is my attempt:

While streaming a video, it will play fine for 15seconds to 1minute.  Then for the next two minutes or so it will freeze and not download or buffer any other video.  During this period I cannot load any new websites and even the stalwart google fails to load.

This is happening on both a PC and a Macbook.

These connection freezes also incredibly frustrating when trying to work via a VPN with the office - even in none-demanding applications such as telnet sessions..(NB: these problems happen with or without the VPN connected).

While this is occuring I set a ping up (just using windows command line) and could see no massive gaps/delays pinging my version 1 homehub.

So I am unsure as to where the problem lies, whether it be with the wireless network or the actual BB connection.

Any suggestions?

Location is Castleford, West Yorks (phone 01977).

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Frequent signal drops

Hi could you pals download a programme called insidder this will show you the active wireless channels in your area you need to find a clear channel ar one with a very weak signal on then try things again
0 Ratings