Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psypar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Frustrated

So, 

How long is reasonably long to get yourself a BT-Infinity connection? 

I'm absolutely frustrated now.

I placed my order 2 months ago.

The original order was scheduled to be completed in 2 weeks.

So here I’m 2+months waiting patiently on an order.. so far no sign of any progress and every time I call BT, It plays the game of lets schedule a call back for you in 7 days while we manually try to cancel your order because its stuck in our system due to reasons we can’t explain or expect you to understand.

After they cancel this order manually in their system then what? do I need to place another order or will they create another one and make me go through the same frustration again?

I have raised a complaint a week ago and so far nothing seems to have happened to the complaint I have raised.

I honestly I’m beginning to wonder weather BT has any interest in fulfilling my order.

How can I escalate this and get someone in BT and Openreach to make some progress?

Thanks

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Frustrated

Is this for a new build property?

Do you have a working BT Retail phone line?

0 Ratings
bronagh
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

How do i start a new query of my own on this forum please?  Ive had so many problems from i joined BT 2 months ago and cant get any one to sort them out!  Im very angry and frustrated and just need to list everything and have them delt with.

MY line wasnt taken over properly apparently which has left me paying for 2 companies broadband and phone rental for 3 months

i didnt get my old phone number which i wanted

i asked for BT infininity and ended up with the slower option and was told i couldnt have infinity at my address despite me explaining that id had it a few years ago at the same property......and the basic broadband that i have now keeps cutting out on out devices!  I wanted to avail of the offer back in July for the infinity! 

My initial order cant be found on BTs systems according to the guy (Warren Ferguson) from BT complaints dept that i spoke to yesterday.  He was a nice guy and not his fault but it seems like my initial order and communications arent on the system any more so its just as well i still have the automatede text that BT sent me to confirm how long these problems have been going on.....please help

Bronagh 

0 Ratings
psypar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Not a new build,

FTTP was installed about a month ago because we had copper/boradband and I'm with BT for a while now.

Thanks

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 5 of 20

@psypar

Have you had the first installation appointment already? I.E an Openreach field technician has installed the CSP and the blown fibre tubing to your property and that you are now just waiting for the second appointment to install the fibre from the CSP into the property and connect up to the Openreach ONT.

Or have you just got an order placed and not had any appointments yet?

0 Ratings
psypar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 20

The field tech team has installed the required to the property and the wait is for the second appointment to install and hookup with the router

Thanks

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 7 of 20

Have you tried calling the FTTP department on 0800 587 4787 ?

0 Ratings
psypar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 20

Yes, Not helpful.

Instead of being patient probably I should start shouting 😞

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 9 of 20

Okay thanks, the FTTP department are usually good at handling FTTP orders and queries. 

A forum moderator may offer their help if you are still not getting anywhere.

0 Ratings
psypar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 20

I was told order management team is the only one who can talk to Openreach direct.

The moment I call order management, they are very happy to schedule a callback in 7 days and it has happened twice, I didnt get a call back last time and when I did eventually called them up after a day my call back was due, I was scheduled with another one due this Wednesday.

need to shout and scream at this but honestly dont know what that will achieve, I posted this post out of pure frustration and honestly dont know what this will achieve either.

0 Ratings