Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benlovell
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Frustration over failing Infinity upgrade

Go to solution

I found out we have more capacity and although I'm reasonably far from the exchange my connection would be upgraded from around 2Mb/s to around 18Mb/s with Infinity so happy days. I booked the upgrade in over the phone and received the smart hub, plugged this into my normal connection and everything is good so far.

Come 09/01, the scheduled day of upgrade, the connection drops out around midday. No problem - this is expected (for around 30 minutes according to the email from BT) - however since that moment I've been staring at a flashing orange light and no internet connection. This is where the problems start. On contacting BT (via chat) and being told the usual shopping list of things to try I am then told to wait until midnight / next day. OK - midnight does hold special properties in certain cultures so I'll give that a try. Of course, this yields no different result.

On checking for faults I can see one appears to have been raised on my behalf at 09/01 22:40. However, this has no estimate for a fix and I'm still without a connection - now for two straight days. With no further contact from BT or no idea when / if this will ever go right. I absolutely appreciate that things can go wrong sometimes but I just want some information on the problem if possible and not to be left in the dark. 

I'm an IT professional and work at home so being without a connection indefinitely is a problem. I'm tethering at the moment but it's not ideal for obvious reasons.

Can anyone please help?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
benlovell
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Frustration over failing Infinity upgrade

Go to solution
Well that's funny. No sooner had I posted this I notice a blue light on the router and I now have a synced modem at 18Mbs!
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Frustration over failing Infinity upgrade

Go to solution

Must be midnight somewhere or is it witchcraft!

0 Ratings