cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Full Fiber Order differences?

Hi,

I cancelled an order I had in place for FF900 as there was an offer now available which would save me £10/month. Apparently the only way to benefit form this was to cancel and reorder despite it still being three weeks until the planned install date.

The new order has my estimated download speed as 900Mnps instead of the 910Mbps of my original order. Obviously the difference doesn't really matter, but I was curious why it suddenly dropped?

Also my phone is now listed as "Phone" on the order instead of "Digital Voice" .. I thought all FF installs moved the home phone onto digital voice?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Full Fiber Order differences?

@ch 

From another very recent post by @pippincp 

This from a BT spokesperson.

"FTTP to brownfield (not new build homes) is in the process of a phased launch, meaning that not all customers contacting BT will receive the new Digital Voice service as an option.

However, we are in the process of scaling availability of our Digital Voice service through 2020, into 2021."

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Only new build are guaranteed digital voice. Elsewhere it is being phased in. Bottom line, no mater what the notification says if you have not specifically asked for DV and it is available then the copper phone line will remain.

10Mb on  a 900Mb connection...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks, that makes sense then. Maybe I lucked into it the first time around, but not the second.

Odd as in the order cycle it had me select the free digital voice handsets, but anyway. Wasn't planning to use it.

And the extra 10Mbps, sure - no biggie. I was more curious why it changed, I'd have expected the estimations to be fixed for that service as it's fibre to the house. The only reason I noticed it is the guaranteed speed also dropped.

0 Ratings