cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full Fibre 900 download speed not change

I upgraded to Full Fibre 900 yesterday but my download speeds have not changed (maxing out at around 200mb) although I have noticed an increase in upload speed (from 50mb to over 100mb). 

I use a TP-Link ER5120 Gigabit switch to connect using the following settings:

Connetion Type: PPPoE/Russian PPPoE

Accountant name bthomehub@btinternet.com

MTU 1480

Upstream Bandwidth 150000 Kbps

Downstream Bandwidth 990000 Kbps

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve? I've tried restarting / reconnecting several times plus running the speed test at various times.

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full Fibre 900 download speed not change

Did you not get a SmartHub 2?  Try connecting that - you can also try directly connecting a PC/laptop to the ONT and creating the PPPoE connection.  Your TP-Link router claims a NAT throughput of 800Mbps so you won't be getting the full download speed of 900Mbps - try disabling any QoS or parental control features as they can reduce throughput.  Perhaps try a factory reset of the router.

PS. MTU should be 1492.

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've tried connecting directly plus using the BT Smart Hub 2 but still get the same results. Interestingly the BT Hub says that the Downstream sync speed is 1000Mbps. Any other suggestions other than calling BT?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

The sync speed will always show as 1000 as that is the Gigabit connection to the ONT.  I guess you will need to call BT support - they will want to troubleshoot your connection with the SH2 connected.

Message 5 of 5

For their top broadband package Fibre900 is frustrating. My download speeds to the hub are dropping and case management were pleased to inform me the issue was fixed at 500Mb until I mentioned 700Mb to 500Mb is hardly an improvement and its what they’re selling for the next package down.

0 Ratings