cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: Full steam ahead.....to full astern! What's the score?

That's the line 'Tech Support' have been giving me (who are due to call back again at 7pm)

My (and others') issue, is not 'having trouble getting online', it's the internet virtually grinding to a halt - every evening. Plus the fact it's been on-going for about a month now!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 24

I suspect that the best thing to do is wait until the problem at the exchange has been resolved. It may or may not be connected to what is happening to you but while it is ongoing it will be difficult to eliminate it so it would be pointless to try any other "fix" meantime.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 13 of 24

NeilO has acknowledged what your problem is and has stated the engineers are working on it.

It is obviously a more complex problem than a simple increase in capacity and the length of time it's taking would suggest it's proving **bleep** difficult to pinpoint.

Unfortunately network problems like this can and do crop up occasionally.

Frustrating for the customers suffering? - Of course.

Frustrating for the engineers trying to track it down? - I should imagine so.

Perhaps there will be  a possibility of some form of recompense once resolved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 24

@ rex ham

I've had the same problem mate,, I'm on the main wrexham exchange, Infinity 2 in nov,, ok to start, then for the last month slower speeds than my previous adsl from about 6pm onwards, not even enough to stream in hd without lots of buffering.

Fine in the morning. I've even got another modem to try because of the HH5 user termination bug. (been stable for 3 days now), but still awfull speeds in evening.

It is a joke! Even more of a joke is I'm in this for 18 months. Promised 79meg, got 60 for 2 weeks..

Only came to Bt because the talktalk website was saying I'd get 44meg max and BT said 79.. 

Funny so many people are having the same problem at the same time of the evening,  Wrexham exchange does actually show a problem now, but thats only been since the 5th Jan,, what about the weeks before? what was the excuse then? Im sure we are being fed s**t!.

I'm currently having my problem dealt with by a mod, so let's see what happens.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 24

It may be that BT/ Openreach were not aware of a congestion problem, if that is what it is, before now if not enough people were reporting it as a result no fault would be showing. The fault only gets put on the status board when an operative puts it there and only when they know of a problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 24

thanks for the info. 🙂 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 24

People only tend to come on here if they have problems..... It's a Help Forum, not a complement BT Forum.....

Take my Infinity for example, it's been a constant 76/19 since I had it installed 3 years ago and not once since then have I gone onto a internet forum to say how happy I am with its reliability....

Oh wait, actually my Infinity and phone line did stop working once for 2 hours while Openreach had to do a cable changeover but luckily no animals were harmed during the down time and the World didn't end........
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 24

When I see people complaining of poor speed at peak times for Internet usage, It makes me wonder if the service has been over subscribed in their area. I had the same problem with another isp in the past.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 24

this is astonishing

i get almost the same problem, 38mb plus during the day, under 2mb by about 8.00pm

no where have BT support acknowledged a problem and i"ve called then 14 times since December 14th

very poor service - if I provided this standard of service I'd get the sack!

Oh and they won't let me cancel my contract either! ROBBERS TOO
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 24

@grumpy2 wrote:
this is astonishing

i get almost the same problem, 38mb plus during the day, under 2mb by about 8.00pm

no where have BT support acknowledged a problem and i"ve called then 14 times since December 14th

very poor service - if I provided this standard of service I'd get the sack!

Oh and they won't let me cancel my contract either! ROBBERS TOO

BT have acknowledged your problem and offered you help according to your own thread  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/infinity-is-rubbish-I-want-out-but-BT-want-...  Perhaps if you replied to the moderator you might get somewhere.

0 Ratings