cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 24

G Fast Deployment

I know that this is in a trial phase, but does anybody know when it will be deployed?

I am on cabinet P12 on the Winterbourne exchange. 

Many thanks

Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 24

Re: G Fast Deployment

No detail, but possibly 2017 according to G.FAST recently.

Regards

Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 24

I've read that Summer/Autumn 2016 but there's been very little information about it.

I suspect there's now trials ongoing with the new cabinet addon that's been developed as opposed to using a seperate cab/G.Fast node that was used in the original trials.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
John25Roberts
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 24

They're starting a roll out in early 2017 to make it available to 10 Million Premises.

The majority of the G.Fast Nodes are going to be placed at the existing Copper PCP.

Openreach have been employing a lot of third party Contractors to speed up the roll out.
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 24

I've seen a new thin cabinet next to the old cabinet. It looks like a G.Fast one.
Am I right? Or does a G.Fast one go next to the infinity cabinet?
Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 24

This is what the G Fast addo looks like.

2668__300x300_gfast_cabinet_extension_pod.jpg

0 Ratings
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 24

We have that extra thin cabinet, but it is attached to the old POTS cabinet, not the infinity one.
That's why I'm not sure it is a G.Fast one.
Rich

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 24

Do you have an infinity cabinet?

Could you take a picture and upload it?

The PCP extensions to add extra customers looks very similar to the new G.Fast pods.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 24

Yes. We have an infinity cabinet, but nothing is attached to it. So I think it probably is a PCP extension.
I will upload a photo when I'm next out. Thanks
Rich

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 10 of 24

I believe the G.Fast "pods" are actually planned to be attached to the PCP cabinet to reduce the copper run.

The fibre will then come from the VDSLx fibre twin cabinet.

0 Ratings