cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 101 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

@McGrath1982 wrote:
I've been on the phone with CS tonight over one hour on the phone I'm hopefully getting aHH5 type B in 3 days once my new 12 month contract kicks in on the8th £20 cheaper a month 😉 can't be bad. Gotta send myHH5 type A back once the type B comes in the post.

I think you will have a 50/50 chance of getting a HH5b. As far as I know the Homehubs are just taken off the shelf and sent out without any checking to see if it's an A or B.

Keep us updated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 102 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

@ray_dorset wrote:
Yes, also BT could stop issuing HH5A homrhubs and just send out HH5B homehubs. Openreach could replace existing ECI cabinets with Huawei cabinets too.

Flying Pig.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 103 of 535

If they can't do G.Inp they can't do G.Vector 😞
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 104 of 535

well after all my requests to be contacted by the powers that be on here have fallen on deaf ears(so to speak) so what is the official response? and what is the resolution? no speculative answers wanted or needed and a response from a mod would be great!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 105 of 535

the mods have been asked for response and they are trying to get the information before posting on the forum.  Easter break has delayed things - at least that's what I'm putting it down to

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 106 of 535

ta for the update.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 107 of 535

What has Easter got to do with the mods respone we live in a  24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year society.

A couple of years ago I was involved in what at the time was the biggest system update in Europe.  Mission statement

"This update must not impact the customer in anyway" and as far as I am aware there was 0 impact to customers.

Dont think they even knew it was happening.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 108 of 535

The Mods are waiting for information from Openreach and BT Wholesale which could not be obtained over the weekend before they can post a reply
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 109 of 535

Don't think it will be a quick fix due to the sheer numbers of eci modems that may require just require simple update?

Also its bt! who make super tankers look quick.

Agree with Ray - best avoid the normal eci modems for now and just get a broadcom based modem like the hg612 3b or one of the fancy all in ones recommed by kitz* that work with this transmission stuff.

So far the list that works with transmisson g.inp:

Billion 8800

ZyXEL 8324  

ZyXEL 8924

ZyXEL 3300

TG799vn v2  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 110 of 535

Ok so my "new" HG612 arrived and I powered it up, loaded the latest firmware, and plugged it into the phone line and my HH5 A. Instant result 🙂

hg612-1.png

HG612-2.png

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂