cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 311 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

Still no change here either
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 312 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

I believe I am in the trial and I am very happy 😄
07:09:31, 13 May. (250949.380000) PPPoE is up - Down Rate=79906000Kbps, Up Rate=19999000Kbps; SNR Margin Down=10.9dB, Up=15.3dB

My speed is back to 80/20 (you can see my DLM/resync reset above) and latency times are back as they were with fast path. I cannot prove it with HH5A, but I did some traceroutes and the first hops are 7-8ms. (just as they were before G.INP, in fast mode)

League of Legends in-game latency is back from 30-50ms to 19-25ms. I didn't have time to test Xbox this morning, but I will test it later.

Congratulations BT Openreach. I am a happy customer now! BTW, if there is any links to give feedback about the trial, let me know 🙂

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 313 of 535

Given the vast amount of HH5 Type A in the wild you would think BT would have resolved this with a firmware fix not a botched DLM profile.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 314 of 535

Thay can't, the chipset in the HH5 type A and ECI modems will never be able to support G.INP.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 315 of 535

Listen BT I PAID for a new homehub 5 so I can only use 1 plug

Its now not working properly because you have changed things on your network

CAN YOU SEND ME A WORKING BT HH5B to fix

This is going on too long!
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 316 of 535

@spluff tried that didn't work tbh.... get yourself a HG612 OR Modem from a well known auction site that's what I did.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 317 of 535

McGrath that's exactly what I have done, got myself a HG612 off Gumtree for 5 whole English pounds.

Just plugged it in this afternoon and my speed has increased from approx 18.5 to 23.5 Mbps, and my latency has dropped too.

I've never achieved such speeds since I've been with BT.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 318 of 535

is it worth me pluggin my modem back in, got a hub 5 to replace the hub4 and modem, but still suffer from a lot of lag and ping spikes.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 319 of 535

@Locky wrote:

Thay can't, the chipset in the HH5 type A and ECI modems will never be able to support G.INP.

Odd that TP Link have managed it with the Lantiq based TD-W998 then isnt it. G.INP is not a hardware function it is dealt with in software. If the HH5 Type A hardware cannot manage the extra horsepower to implement G.INP then it isnt fit for purpose.

Expert
Message 320 of 535

Only going what I have been told from my ISP and what BT openreach have told them. If there was a software update to fix it then BT would have done that instead of bodging line profiles.

0 Ratings