cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 411 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

Do Openreach have a schedule for this role-out?

Is it possible to give an approximate date for recieving it ...by exchange name ...for example Woodbridge?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 412 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

this is a BT retail forum and openreach do not post on here  there is no rollout plans it will happen when it happens - typical openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 413 of 535

I know the Forum's format but a mod ...SeanD for example... might be/should be able get hold of some further info.

And all I'm asking is for a general idea when the 'fix' will be put through the Woodbridge exchange ...not exactly difficult surely?

And remember, the role out of 'fix' was announced as starting 6 days ago (last Friday).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 414 of 535

I know everbody is impatient for rollout of fixes, but in the scheme of things what practical difference will it make if you know when it is going to happen. You can't influence when it is going to happen so knowing is of little use. Openreach are never going to publish details of rollout plans for public consumption.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 415 of 535

What if I'm supposed to have already received it?

What if my router needs a reset for it to take?

What if I've received it, the router reset succesfully ....but there's (as yet anyway) been no change?

How about you take your car into a garage to get it 'fixed' and told you'll get it back "in the next couple of weeks" ...how happy would you be?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 416 of 535

@fingerbob69 wrote:
What if I'm supposed to have already received it?
Finding out if something HAS happened is entirely different to finding out WHEN something will happen.
What if my router needs a reset for it to take?
See above
What if I've received it, the router reset succesfully ....but there's (as yet anyway) been no change?
See above
How about you take your car into a garage to get it 'fixed' and told you'll get it back "in the next couple of weeks" ...how happy would you be?

A better analogy would be 'When are Ford going to bring out a super dooper wotsit for my car'

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 417 of 535

Keeping the customer informed = good customer service.

The question of 'when' is not an unreasonable one ...in my opinion.

And we are talking about a repair here ...a repair to a system that Openreach have in part, broken!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 418 of 535

I am still a little bugged with the lack of information on ECI DSLAMs and ECI modems combo..

Surely BT Openreach must have done some homework with the specs of the DSLAMS and modems? No??

So being on an ECI cab with an ECI modem doesn't sit well with me. I mean if G.INP is going to destroy connections I see very little point in it being deployed on ECI cabs. It will just annoy me and force me to Virgin Media. I know I have mentioned that a few times now. But I am serious.

If it is fine on the ECI cab but the modem is the issue I would like BT/BT Openreach to send me an Huawei Echolife HG612 3B modem as these things are being sold on ebay at stupid prices because of the problems with ECI modems. And it should not be down to the user to ensure they have the correct modem but down to the ISP etc..

Hope you understand where I am coming from? 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 419 of 535

Haaa Ha ha ha... o sorry - I'm supposed to be serious.

That the UKs largest ISP would let customers know about changes to their services (whether email or connection)

That the UKs largest ISP would 'FIX' firmware to accomodate changes on their 'own' network or resupply customers with 'fit for purpose devices' (or indeed supply them in the first place since I'm sure they were aware of their own roadmap rollout).

That the UKs largest ISP give a toss about their customers.... and would actually interact with them via any form of technical support that involved people who had any technical knowledge.....

oh I might have gone too far and will expect a slapping from someone.

Hey Ho - that's waht happens when I''m left buffering QI and Have I got News for You late at night when the network should be congestion free.

As Buzz would say... To Infinity and ... THUD

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 420 of 535

10626840_10153014499543655_4915468471354434149_n.jpg  It's getting closer, and closer....Man Frustrated