cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 421 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

@ewanb75
I just saw your post and literally LOL'ed!! Hahahaha!! 🙂
I've been so tempted to do this for over a year that is me in a nutshell. Great one.
I can't do it as I can't afford third party equipment but its tempting nonetheless to smash it all to pieces.
Mark.
P.S. It sums up quite a few BT customers I think. Ha.
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
DooGie666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 422 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

Just a quick pointer here. It may be worthwhile rebooting your HH5 to see if the firmware has been updated.

For some reason my HH5 was still showing the old FW build until I did a manual reboot. After that it showed Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 | Last updated 22/05/15.

So it seems like it's a quiet update and the HH5 doesn't reboot automatically after the update.

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 423 of 535

I did a factory reset yesterday night so it doesn't seem to have applied to me yet.
Unless that wouldn't cut it to apply this update.
0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 424 of 535

Down from 30 ping to 20 ohhhh I'm happy
And yes the games I play that 10 Ms makes a difference
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 425 of 535

I always think I'm spamming when I post on this thread lol.
I tried rebooting the HH5A by holding down the reset button on the top and it still has not updated to .11

I thought this update was only available as a trial for some people. Perhaps many of us who don't have it need to wait then.
I have it hooked up to my eci modem but I doubt that will be an issue as my HH5 will still get all appropriate patches, updates etc correct? 😛

0 Ratings
Message 426 of 535

Is it 100% guaranteed that the ECI modem will never support G.INP/Vectoring? Couldn't they send a update to it like the Hub5 Type A same chipset?

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 427 of 535

I'm not sure myself but I'm using the eci modem connected to my HH5A and still have my speeds and latency at top quality.
Whatever open reach did as a trial it worked on my eci/HH5A set up then. 10th May I noticed my speeds were at full whack and ping returned.
There must be something that makes the eci work. Also this trial is finished and is being rolled out to people on a huawei cab with an eci modem the last I heard as it was successful. In my case it was.
I was stuck with poor speeds/latency from about the 18th March until the 10th May. So this specific roll out may take a bit of time. I'm eagerly awaiting the .11 update for the HH5A as it may improve things further for myself.
Mark.

This is a result from my HH5A connected to my eci modem just now. Through the laptop via ethernet. 

0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 428 of 535

"BT have confirmed that all trial lines have been loaded with the new profiles, further to this BT have confirmed that all other affected lines have now had the new profiles loaded. That is all lines across all providers"

0 Ratings
daveesh
Contributor
Message 429 of 535

So what is happening with ECI cabinets then anybody any idea
0 Ratings
fingerbob69
Contributor
Message 430 of 535

@19nbg71 Do you have a link to the source?

0 Ratings