cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
x5gb
Contributor
Message 431 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

Are you sure all lines that are affected have been updated as mine is still showing the effects of G-Inp using a HH5a and my downstream noise margin is still above 8 instead of the usual 6 before G-Inp was introduced and upstream is still down on what it was before,
0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 432 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

@fingerbob69 wrote:

@19nbg71 Do you have a link to the source?

here you go http://aastatus.net/2127

0 Ratings
x5gb
Contributor
Message 433 of 535

Anyone know when the firmware update that was used in testing is coming to HH5a owners because if this supposed profile change has been rolled out it hasn't fixed my G-Inp problems.
0 Ratings
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 434 of 535

@x5gb wrote:
Anyone know when the firmware update that was used in testing is coming to HH5a owners because if this supposed profile change has been rolled out it hasn't fixed my G-Inp problems.

I don't think you have received the DSLAM changes that statement from AASTATUS sounds incorrect as it can take a few months for OpenReach to update all Exchanges accross the UK as it was only rolled out on the 26th of may so we are 11 days into G.INP MKII rollout.

0 Ratings
squirex6
Beginner
Message 435 of 535

I recieved a HH5a two days ago which I'd bought to replace a 3b.  Its been utterly hopeless I've spent 4 hours on the phone to support who didn't have a clue and to be honest were pretty patronising insisting my issues were down to my wireless configuration.  I've given up with it and I'm returning it.  I've gone back to the 3b.

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 436 of 535

^^^ I'd suggest front ending your HH5A with your modem like I've done. 🙂
Keeps it stable and you get all your updates still for your HH5A without the mess when you use it by itself. Yes it defeats the purpose of an all in one device but saves you pulling your hair out in frustration.
Its the best set up without going down the 3rd party route.
Mark.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
x5gb
Contributor
Message 437 of 535

I had a feeling that statement was incorrect as I definitely still have the G-Inp slowdown. They need to correct that statement as it just causes confusion.
0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 438 of 535

Agree with the other posters.

Just hook up an Unlocked HG612 3B or one of those fancy Billion/Zyxel all in ones and enjoy the summer as I doubt this Retransmission stuff will be fully working {patched} till at least September. 

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 439 of 535

^^ I'm just using a locked ECI modem lol! As I don't care about stats. Or money for fancy plastic boxes haha.
Making do with the little I have. 🙂
I'm still looking forward to the .11 update for the HH5A. It'll be interesting to see if it offers bigger improvements. Especially using the HH5A by itself.
Mark.
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
fingerbob69
Contributor
Message 440 of 535

@19nbg71

Thanks.

Curiously, my G.inp troubles went away 28.05.15 ...but my hh5a doesn't yet show an updated version of the firmware.

Did they just turn G.inp off?
0 Ratings