cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 471 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

Despite knowing I'm benefitting from a botch its not concerning me yet. 😛 Lol.
Perhaps I need to take it more seriously. 😄
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
ewanb75
Contributor
Message 472 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

I'll quite happily swap ya for a week Mark, lol.

Or send me your 5a and I'll send you my 5b 😉

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 473 of 535

I'm quite happy with my current situation Ewan as I seem to be the only person praising all the botching lol!
Surely I'm not the only one. 😛
If anyone had seen my previous posts I haven't exactly been nice about BT in the past. Haha!
I'm still angry with myself because it isn't fixed but blimey it's the best botch ever. My uploads recently are almost 10Mbps!
My line is better than ever before. Heck come over a week and you'll see how magical everything is.
I still find it odd in all seriousness how I've seen such a positive change. As its still been amazing since 10th May.
People saying avoid the ECI's and the like until they've done a proper fix yes that is the more smarter thing to do.
But if anyone is like me who has an ECI set up with any home Hub or 3rd party router and it works like me - Don't change it for anything else.
I don't like the fact there is a one size fits all fix for eci users like me who have noticed a change and people are still disputing this and that bla bla bla I just think some are jealous 😉

See? I can't be serious about it. Either the way the situation is silly. BUT if any eci users see a change like me like higher upload speed and/or better latency. Please don't change it for anything because some high poster on here tells you other wise. As sometimes they can be wrong. Yes I'm venting in a very stupid way but if it works then why change it? Derp. 😄

Mark. 🙂
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 474 of 535

IMG_20150617_171136.jpg

I think this botch has really benefitted me lol. HH5A front ended by my ECI. Am I lucky? 

The DSL checker still says my highest upload is still 7.6Mbps lol. My download is still spot on on the checker.

I apologise for the spamming i could not edit my previous post i just cant believe i can be the only one seeing any positives despite knowing what openreach have actually done. 😛

Mark.

0 Ratings
xwrt
Contributor
Message 475 of 535

@MarkG33 wrote:

People saying avoid the ECI's and the like until they've done a proper fix yes that is the more smarter thing to do.

Correct

That is precisely what people should be doing.  

The DLM as only just removed some of the upstream depth , would will still be losing at least 8ms to 22ms compaired to a hub5b or hg612.

I don't like the fact there is a one size fits all fix for eci users like me who have noticed a change and people are still disputing...

Its not end users.

BTWholsale are the source of the  8ms to 22ms latency problems with the eci.

BT Openreach are the source of the SFI guidance on a dlm reset for eci installs on a ReTX profiled line. 

Surley your not implying these are figments of people's imagination ?

The eci lantiq's chipset can not support upstream ReTransmisson full stop.

So Its petty clear the eci should be avioded.

0 Ratings
ewanb75
Contributor
Message 476 of 535

Dang Happy Spammer  😞

just looking at my poor wired xbox one, ping between 180 and 300

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 477 of 535

@xwrt wrote:

The eci lantiq's chipset can not support upstream ReTransmisson full stop.

Is the Lantiq chipset in the ECI modem different to the Lantiq chipset in the TP Link TD-W9980 which does support G.Inp? Or is it just lack of onboard memory?

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 478 of 535

@ewanb75
Isn't the Xbox one servers in the USA resulting in such pings.
Perhaps that's why the pings are higher just a thought. 🙂

@xwrt

All I know its working better for me I don't know all the technical bits n bobs lol. 😛

I guess my speedtest results and the like are just lucky. If its that bad I assume I'd have worse results correct? I'm not trying to be big headed but how come all of a sudden its been performing better for me? There must be a reason. Lol.

Both my HH5A by itself without the .11 update performs well and my modem. So I must be deluded seeing my line performing better than ever. 😛

Please correct me if I'm wrong in case I further embarress myself lol as I'm really not an expert. I'd really have a more knowledgeable member of the forum explain to me rather than me making untrue accusations on the matter as it is complicated and annoying for many people. 

Thanks!

Mark. 

xwrt
Contributor
Message 479 of 535

MarkG33 wrote:

in case I further embarress myself

The ECI will still be  detrimental your lines ultimate capabilities and end user experience. If you happy now with the ping think how ecstatic you'll be with at least a further 8ms reduction.

Ask one of the CS Moderators to run an End to End Test (E2E) . Post the results so we can see whats really going on with the line.

Until you post the E2E results it might be wise to refain from making any more potentially embarrassing faux pas.

0 Ratings
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 480 of 535

@MarkG33 wrote:

All I know its working better for me I don't know all the technical bits n bobs lol. 😛

Well then the new G.INP fix is working for you and many others don't let the few negative members tell you any different if your line feels better the fix is working and you should not have to convince the doubters they will in time see it for themselfs