cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 501 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

The archer will need the openreach modem as it will not stand on its own as it is only adsl2 modem so can only use as router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 502 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

If you want standalone you need the TD-W9980 which has a VDSL2 modem.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 503 of 535

I woundnt need anything if something hadnt upset my perfect line with the hub 4 and openreach 4 month ago...............

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 504 of 535

"THIS WAS 2 MONTHS AGO!!! and im still not updated!"

Looks more and more like were in a holding pattern till at least September.  

The new superduper  football streaming  is fast approaching, so unless this "patch" fix starts to affect that,   why would bt risk breaking it even more  😄

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 505 of 535

G.INP is being rolled out by Openreach and affects all ISP.s not just BT
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 506 of 535

@Barry57 wrote:

"THIS WAS 2 MONTHS AGO!!! and im still not updated!"

Looks more and more like were in a holding pattern till at least September.  

The new superduper  football streaming  is fast approaching, so unless this "patch" fix starts to affect that,   why would bt risk breaking it even more  😄

my HH5a was updated 4 days ago to ..204.1.11 so rollout of openreach fix is ongoing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 507 of 535

So after all the problems with this G.INP since getting a HH5 type B it's not dropped out once can't say I've ever had up time of 36 days plus before.

1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076284+1445006482
3. Firmware version: v0.07.03.0814-BT (Type B) Last updated [Unknown]
4. Board version: 01
5. VDSL uptime: 36 days, 12:21:45
6. Data Rate: 19999 / 79999
7. Maximum Data Rate: 27965 / 91450
8. Noise Margin: 14.5 / 8.4
9. Line Attenuation: 0.0 / 15.2
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 32.2 GB / 382.8 GB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 508 of 535

like wise i have a HH5b with over 100 days stable connection
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 509 of 535

FWIW, just received the update  to my HH5A at 09:28 this morning ...

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 510 of 535

"my HH5a was updated 4 days ago to ..204.1.11 so rollout of openreach fix is ongoing" 

Is that a new 3rd fix or is btretail just rolling out an update to make the hh5a work with ducktape/chewing gum patch*. ?

The eci/r modem users are still being left out then 😞

*(Ducktape /chewing gum patch seems to be called Mk2 according to the plusnet forum)

0 Ratings