cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 91 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

As BT's own SIN498 (Generic Ethernet Access Fibre to the Cabinet) specifies that all devices shall be compliant to G998.4, it would seem unlikely that they would source a non compliant modem in the form of the HH5 type a to supply to customers.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 92 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

It would be nice to get some definitive information about this instead of what would appear to be nothing more than speculation and repeated information which is posted on other forums.

It also now appears that when ever a person has a problem, this is now getting cited as the cause without any evidence or further investigation. This could lead ultimately to a false diagnosis of the problem.

ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 93 of 535

I'll be very happy when my HH5 Type A starts supporting G.INP which is active at my Huawei cabinet. I'm looking forward to it.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 94 of 535

@gg30340 wrote:

It would be nice to get some definitive information about this instead of what would appear to be nothing more than speculation and repeated information which is posted on other forums.

It also now appears that when ever a person has a problem, this is now getting cited as the cause without any evidence or further investigation. This could lead ultimately to a false diagnosis of the problem.

Could not agreed more far to much speculation with little or no proof and yes could and will lead to false diagonsis of problems 

Locky
Expert
Message 95 of 535

hahahahahahah

BT didn't pick this up in testing? I'm sorry - I'm calling BS on this to be honest. So you're telling me they never tried testing an ECI modem on a huawei cab?

-AndyH-
Expert
Message 96 of 535

All modems were tested for retransmission well over 12 months ago at Adastral Park. The same as all modems have been testing for vectoring for months, despite it not being introduced (other than a trial/pilot).

19nbg71
Expert
Message 97 of 535

all they need to do is what they did here https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Infinity-Modem-Swap-amp-Kelly-Communication...

a simple modem swap for people that needed it 

ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 98 of 535

Yes, also BT could stop issuing HH5A homrhubs and just send out HH5B homehubs. Openreach could replace existing ECI cabinets with Huawei cabinets too.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 99 of 535

I've been on the phone with CS tonight over one hour on the phone I'm hopefully getting a HH5 type B in 3 days once my new 12 month contract kicks in on the 8th £20 cheaper a month 😉 can't be bad. Gotta send my HH5 type A back once the type B comes in the post.
0 Ratings
19nbg71
Expert
Message 100 of 535

@ray_dorset wrote:
Yes, also BT could stop issuing HH5A homrhubs and just send out HH5B homehubs. Openreach could replace existing ECI cabinets with Huawei cabinets too.

was them comments meant to be a joke?

0 Ratings