cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sylver123
Expert
Message 461 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

When can we expect most or all cabinets in the UK to be enabled for G.INP or the prosess being

ramped right up so cabnets start getting enabled across the UK quickly to this technology?

Are ECI cabinets still also getting too or will we be getting it but we might have to wait

some time us on this type of cabinet to get it?

Also is Vectoring being done at the same time or will cabinets start to be

upgraded across the UK to this later on?

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 462 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

Still think its going to be a least after September anything starts to happen with the Huawei green street boxes. Its going to be a long summer for eci/r users.....

Least you've got a fancy zyxel 3300 🙂

I've just left the unlocked hg612 3b on the line just incase anything happens but I'm not expecting much this side of xmas for a full national roll out.

Maybe that DLM case bt lost in September affect this re-transmission stuff more than was first through.  Makes a bit more sence if the testing/trails  were all done pre assia? 

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/11/uk-court-appeal-rules-bt-fttc-broadband-infringes-assia...

0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 463 of 535

I am hoping my cabinet will be enabled for G.INP sometime this year or early next year.

By the way, I have actually got a spare zyxel 3300 for sale which I bought brand new

from amazon uk and is still basically still brand new, has hardly been used.

If anybody reading this is interested in buying it from me, please send me a message.

0 Ratings
Wire_Mark
Beginner
Message 464 of 535

I have had some problems with my line which have now been fixed. Although i am 20Mbps down on what i had when it was first installed. I have just been alerted to this thread.

My Cab is 85 off LVWAR which is apparently an Huawei cab. I am running a HH5A. I am down from 76 Mbps to 50Mbps since day of installation. It was sat at mid 60's i think before my line issue. I have had engineers out who have said my line is fine, no errors. My ping times are of about 28ms. Could i be suffering froim these issues?

Is there anyway i can see if G INP has been enabled on my cab as my experience would seem to suggest i am suffering as a result of this? How can i fix it, will BT swap me for a BT HH5B? How else could i check that this is the issue i am experiencing? Anyone out there who could possibly help?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 465 of 535

as I said on your own thread G.INP has been activated on all Huawei cabs

BT will not give you a HH5b  many are in same position hence why there is fix being rolled out

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 466 of 535

after reading the posts here about G.INP then try the Kitz forum as there is a lot of good information there as well

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lowei
Expert
Message 467 of 535

Why cant there be good information seen on this site?

0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 468 of 535

"How can i fix it, will BT swap me for a BT HH5B? "

BTRetail will of course offer a replacement hub* for 129.99 or 49.99 if your recontract for 18m 😞 ...*(50/50 chance it will be the Type B)

The popular fix for the hh5a & G.inp is just to front end the hh5a with an  HG612 3B** and enjoy the summer rather that waiting on BT 😄

**{Need an unlocked one if you see want to see the line stats as they wont be shown on the help page of the hh5a}

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 469 of 535

Or an ECI modem in my case 🙂 LOL!
Botching profiles helped me in this regard haha.
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Barry57
Expert
Message 470 of 535

Typical  openreach....  A "botch" finally fix the line your mischievous connnection 😄  Fingers crossed you don't get affected when another  "fix" gets rolled out.

I still would avoid getting an eci/r  to front end a hh5 at the moment.  It  might not even work at all if the line has this transmission stuff in place. 😞  

The only fix would be to get openreach out for a dlm reset as posted earlier on the thread and on kitz + pn forums.

"If the replacement modem is ECI (indicated on the box or base of the modem) it’s likely the firmware is incompatible with ReTX and a workaround needs to be applied.  If you complete a DLM reset it will remove the ReTX profile and allow the modem to sync up ....."

What a silly situation... 

0 Ratings